Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Dogs are wonderful companions and can be lifelong friends. I've had a small house dog for almost 4 years now and sometimes my wife and I talk about what it will be like to lose her. As caring dog owners who take care of our companions we mustn't ever forget that others may not have the same opinion of our companions and/or other peoples' K-9 companions and respect their space and be careful not to let our loved companions intrude upon others property or into their personal space. In other words, respect that others world/universe doesn't revolve around our loved companions just as other peoples' world don't revolve around other peoples' kids. Pet owners who can't understand this basic concept are the one's who give pets and their owners bad names and harder times.

I met a beautiful Lab yesterday. I was at Home Depot, and a kind lady (Kelly) stood and talked with me while I sat on the floor and pet her dog. I really needed that, and am struck by the kindness of strangers.... I am reminded of the incredible kindness I recieved from my friends here.

Thank you all, please do read and heed the title of this thread.

Much love,
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => Click Here <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Registered User FooFooCuddlyPoops's Avatar
    Images

I am so sorry for your loss. I too feel the pain of lossing an older animal. I sit right now watching my oldest dog, simba, and I wonder when will his last moment be. He is 10, which isnt old, but he has really bad knees that effect his walking. I have plans tonrig him up a doggie wheek chair, and a wagon for the days he cant walk just to prolong his happiness of the outdoods. Hes one of those dogs that if they cant be outside...they arent happy. You can see it in his eyes that all he wants to do is be by my side on a good long hike.

I charrish every moment I have with him and take as many photos as possible.

Slowpoke is now 13, and he is blind. Even though he can't go with me on the trails anymore, we go everywhere else together. Even with this decline, he still loves volunteering as a therapy dog at an assisted living facility.

Stroller.jpgWalk1.jpg20150108_141430.jpgPACKER HOWARD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Packer View Post
    Slowpoke is now 13, and he is blind. Even though he can't go with me on the trails anymore, we go everywhere else together. Even with this decline, he still loves volunteering as a therapy dog at an assisted living facility.

Stroller.jpgWalk1.jpg20150108_141430.jpgPACKER HOWARD.jpg
    That is beautiful, thank you. ��
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => Click Here <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

It's never easy to lose one, even harder when it's unexpected. We had to let our old man go 3 weeks ago, he was in declining health for a couple of months, but even that can only soften the blow so much.

The pain we go through is the price we pay for being blessed with good dogs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++