WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk:1327015
    Quote Originally Posted by TOW View Post
    Hey I have a question here, do any of you use vinyl spray on your packs when you come into towns from the trail just to give a better impression so folk won't think you are some kind of stinking hiker?
    Always. You don't want people to think you're homeless.
    +1....... Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    I hate this thread already!
    are threads free...............

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat:1326935
    Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I know what you are saying about ridiculous threads. But, this site is full of CrAZyness. From multiple usernames to personal attacks... it's all covered here. It's like the "good ole boys/gals" site for hikers. Then, there's the snarky trollers. They purposely go around insulting people on their own thread, making them look like total idiots for posting or commenting. You can get random snarky comments anytime, anywhere on any thread. Just b/c they don't agree , they say things like- you really need to take responsibility for your thread, like you're some kind of dumb-ass. Then, if you protest about that fact, you are futher insulted. People, on here, will START a thread making fun of your thread. Then, the "inside jokes" start popping up on any random thread.
    If people would just ignore threads and comments that they think are stupid/ridiculous then no one would be insulted. People that don't think the thread is silly, will have a great time on the thread. But, I really can't see this ever happening here. In a perfect world, right? Where's the willpower? IDK that any is needed. If you can't help yourself, then you can't help yourself. I say, just be yourself, let it fly.........don't hold back. You fit in better that way.

I can already here the comments now... you are a narcissist, you have an axe to grind, you are beating a dead horse, you think the trail is a fantasy land, you hate people that don't smell good and aren't clean, you unfairly judge people that don't look like you, you aren't being honest with yourself or anyone else on here.******* UGGG**** (you're killing me), you like to scare people... yada yada yada..... they didn't hold back, why should you? AND, YOU have the right to determine what thread you think is ridiculous... if it's "calling your name", then I say- go for it. You could always change your username and be someone like uh... Kent lady?... idk, undetected. Just be careful with that .... you might get "caught". Games people play... smoke and mirrors.
    I think Rasty lets it fly just fine. I also doubt he needs to change his name, or skulk around the site. Why would he need to lurk on the site, undetected?
    Now why would I announce to everyone if I wanted to keep the name change quiet? Coach Lou and HikerBoy have been calling me that for a while and it's sticking. My original user name is just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    For anyone who gets offended and perturbed by others on WB really needs to either (a) don't play on WB or (b) stay, but stop taking this place so seriously. This is the freakin internet. Honestly, who gives a rat's ass (I love that saying) if someone you've never met gets snarky with you.
    thats being unfair how would you like to be a rat and someone always trying to give your azz away

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear:1327022
    Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    For anyone who gets offended and perturbed by others on WB really needs to either (a) don't play on WB or (b) stay, but stop taking this place so seriously. This is the freakin internet. Honestly, who gives a rat's ass (I love that saying) if someone you've never met gets snarky with you.
    thats being unfair how would you like to be a rat and someone always trying to give your azz away
    Now that sounds illegal, except in Nevada!

Images

what happens in vegas stays in vegas

Images
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear View Post
    I hate it when that happens... Hey, is that why I get all those interesting email offers in my inbox?

Images

4 pages already and this is the first time I've seen this thread.
    #@*&#@ time zones!
    I vote we insist all WB users operate on a standard day Greenwich Mean Time!!
    Might take some explaining to respective bosses though...

Does thread drift require a rear wheel drive keyboard??

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko:1327278
    4 pages already and this is the first time I've seen this thread.
    #@*&#@ time zones!
    I vote we insist all WB users operate on a standard day Greenwich Mean Time!!
    Might take some explaining to respective bosses though...

Does thread drift require a rear wheel drive keyboard??
    Requires Subaru AWD

I understand the purpose in keeping a thread pure, but sometimes follow-up questions just need to be asked, and snarky comments are flavor added to keep the color of the discussion lively. Thread drift does not bother me as long as the conversation is put back on it's tracks eventually. This was the main reason the cafe was started to allow for cross talk to take place there as apposed the totaly smashing a thread, then again.....sometimes...it just can't be helped.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I understand the purpose in keeping a thread pure, but sometimes follow-up questions just need to be asked, and snarky comments are flavor added to keep the color of the discussion lively. Thread drift does not bother me as long as the conversation is put back on it's tracks eventually. This was the main reason the cafe was started to allow for cross talk to take place there as apposed the totaly smashing a thread, then again.....sometimes...it just can't be helped.
    Sometimes, one just cannot sit back and be on their best behavior!

For the number of threads that are running on WB, I think the majority of them tend to stick to their original course. I came to WB to "get current" on gear, schools of thought, etc. I can get most of my answers by reading current/past threads. That is pretty neat. Unfortunately, there are those who do not start a thread with the idea of being serious. They start the thread in order to lure people in so they can be jerks... In my eyes, anything goes in those threads. The gloves are off when people just want to sit there and call others names, beat up on groups of people, etc. Those are the threads that should be closed, or derailed.

Just my thoughts. Discussions are awesome. It is great to get new perspectives. Some deviations within threads can be helpful. Sometimes, the thread just cries out to be derailed.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    Requires Subaru AWD
    I have two!!
    Must nap now.
    Cheers Rasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear:1327017
    Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    I hate this thread already!
    are threads free...............
    In context they are free.

...but then only when observed from the proper frame of reference.
    "A frog in a well does not know the great ocean" - Japanese Proverb

Hike Prep Blog - http://psrat.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pervy_sage:1327395

...but then only when observed from the proper frame of reference.
    But of course!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    I have two!!
    Must nap now.
    Cheers Rasty!
    The Mrs. and I also have 1 each. '05' and '11' Outbacks. I wonder if the models are the same down under?

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou:1327423
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    I have two!!
    Must nap now.
    Cheers Rasty!
    The Mrs. and I also have 1 each. '05' and '11' Outbacks. I wonder if the models are the same down under?
    They come with a kangaroo catcher!

Images

Don't forget to order the optional brushtail possum holder!

Images

I'll have to go to the Parts Department and see if I can get that accessory!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++