WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Where are most 2005 NOBO's right now

So where on the Trail are the NOBO's? Does anyone know? Has the big slug of hikers made it past Pearisburg yet? Thinking about spreading some magic this weekend.
    aka Endorphin, AT GA->ME '04

Images

I'd say the biggest group of Nobo's is probably between Fonatana and Damascus right now, thought they are spread far and wide. Based on the biggest number of NObo's starting in mid to late march and taking about a month to get to Erwin, I'd predict Miss Janet has been very busy recently.
    I'm sure most of the March 1st starters are around or past Pearisburg by now.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Arrow Moving along....

On April 18 2 NOBOs I met just north of Daleville told me there were about 20 ahead of them. To give you an idea....
    Be Prepared

I met a two NOBOs last night at High Top Hut in SNP - both were doing 20's and were planning on Rock Spring Hut tonight.

Outside my window!? I'll agree with A-Train, maybe Most are between Hot Springs and Damascus and yes Miss J has been very busy!! Seems like a very nice group this year. Saw Batch yesterday-83 and going strong and still remembers where we met many moons ago- gotta love it

I saw two north bounders at Mountain Moma's (sic) this morning (Davenport Gap). Our trail maintenance work was rained out, so the crew stopped off for coffee.

Images

CuppaJoe's journal from a couple days ago says there were 28 hikers at Overmountain barn that night, so I guess that is your answer. I'm sure Bob is very busy at Kincorra as well.

Hog On ICE-out of curiosity, was one of the hikers in SNP Daytripper by chance? I know she is in the park somewhere...
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

yep - Day Tripper and Missippi Alan
    Last edited by jlb2012; 05-09-2005 at 07:46. Reason: corrected spelling

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MileMonster
    So where on the Trail are the NOBO's? Does anyone know? Has the big slug of hikers made it past Pearisburg yet? Thinking about spreading some magic this weekend.
    this time last year you and double nickles were between beauna vista va and tye river miles hiked 827.70 neo

Last weekend I was up on Cheoah Bald and met about 15 thru and section hikers on their way to Sassafras Gap, and yesterday I picked up a thru-hiker, "Grenade Boy" at Newfound Gap and took him into Gatlinburg. He told me he started on April 9th and that the last few days the shelters weren't too crowded.
    :rolleyes: Scrunchy

Images

Default passing through damascus

While I waited for my husband to pick me up in Damascus, I saw most of the hikers I had met for the past 7 weeks. I would say that most of the March starters are past Damascus, while the April starters are nearer to Erwin. Of course, there are plenty of hikers in central Virginia already. Sorry to be off the trail, but vicariously hiking on Whiteblaze and TJ... Red Hat

Images

when i thru hike it will be south bound,i will finish my north bound section hike
    in 2006, neo class of 2001-2006.i hope to avoid the crowds by thru hiking from maine to ga,i enjoy meeting a few hikers here and there,but hate crowds neo

Images

well, I signed in number 24 in Harper's Ferry on Monday. So... that big bulge - it ain't up here, though we have a great group of folks in the area!

Peace out, y'all!
    Journal * Photos
    "The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think, and the more anxiously I inquire, the less I seem to know.... Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly. This is enough." -John Adams

We met hikers ... 6 and 7 and 8 (as signed in at HP, W. VA), I think, in MD a little over a week or go--nice young men. I think they said they were all late February starters.

1700 down, 460 to go...
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MoBeach42
    well, I signed in number 24 in Harper's Ferry on Monday.
    congrats, Mo, you're halfway there --- keep chuggin'!

It's getting near Trail Days... I'd say the bulk of hikers are now around the Damascus area.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ender
    It's getting near Trail Days... I'd say the bulk of hikers are now around the Damascus area.

Right now most northbounders are headin out of Damascus.....going north.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Thumbs up

I met a few NOBOs at Hightop Hut today including a couple whiteblazers: Gravity and Danger. Also met Raz and Foxey (his dog), River Otter, Smiling Joe, Throw and Fetch (his dog) as well as 5 SOBOs whose names I didn't get and another couple NOBOs whose names I forgot or didn't get.

Images

Saw a group of NOBOS at Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Pa. Saturday, 5/21. Spent some time talking to Traction, who left Springer 3/15. He was flyin!
    Last edited by c.coyle; 05-23-2005 at 06:32.

Images

Default Very Late NOBO in Georgia

We met several NOBO hikers on the Unicoi Gap to Neels Gap section this past weekend. Shared Blue Mountain shelter on May 19th with Cambridge, student at St. Bonaventure, and Snot, student at Clemson. Both had only 95 days left to reach Maine. Even farther back we met Brooks, from Dallas, James, from Santa Cruz, Omri, from Israel, and (didn't get where they were from), Dave, Dan, Nick, trailname Flatus, and Ryan, trailname Cherry Bomb. I'll post pictures of them all later. All in good spirits and high hopes. I hope all of them make it but of them all, my money is on James. He had an infectious smile and a very positive attitude. He flew in from California Tuesday morning and after flying all night and shuttled straight to Springer, hit the trail without any sleep that same day. He had already covered 40 plus miles when we met him on Friday morning.
    Also met Alaska Bob, from Fairbanks, Alaska, who is section hiking by moving his truck to a trailhead, hiking back to the point he had just left and then doubling back to his vehicle again. We were eating breakfast at Tesnatee Gap when he stopped by for a while. He was headed to Neels Gap also where he intended to double back to Tray Mountain.
    Uncle Wayne

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++