WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

ditton on the drama....maybe she is going for a reality tv show...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetspot View Post
    I'm not going to comment on what I have done for the children. You all don't really care or you also would be doing something. I agree with HikerMomKD. Its not that hard to help the hiking community.
    Excuse me ma'am, but you have no idea how much each of us have contributed to The Place or to other hikers. I won't contribute to this woman the same way that I won't contribute to a crackhead. It just enables her to keep doing what she is doing.

Red-dog's comment about being with The Family is under the general category, 8th post in a thread called East Tennessee, or something like that. He called The Cleaner & me morons. I got so excited I tried to change my screen name to Moron, but I couldn't figure out how.

I did meet the family at a undisclosed location in VA i want tell you were cause i am scared what you predators would do, all i will say is they do have food and the children are doing great. they are lucky they got caring people like me and SweetSpot looking out for them. as for as the place is concerned i am going to pay the families bill but i will wait and send it as a christmas gift in about 3 months and then they can kiss my A$$. RED-DOG

The mother disclosed their exact location on trailjournals. I am not really surprised. Safety of her children is not exactly her top priority.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    ...they are lucky they got caring people like me and SweetSpot looking out for them.
    Why would anyone need someone to look after them during a hike, that would indicate they shouldn't be doing the hike. Unless of course you two are doing a constant watch over their shoulders. In the navy when we had only two people for a long term watch we usually did 12 on and 12 off type deal, is that what you'll are doing

Rhetorical question, this is just stupid, watching over hikers on the trail

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    I did meet the family at a undisclosed location in VA i want tell you were cause i am scared what you predators would do, all i will say is they do have food and the children are doing great. they are lucky they got caring people like me and SweetSpot looking out for them. as for as the place is concerned i am going to pay the families bill but i will wait and send it as a christmas gift in about 3 months and then they can kiss my A$$. RED-DOG
    I do not think anyone on WB wants anything bad to happen to them.If anything does she can blame herself.I just checked her TJ site and she has posted several pics of the kids.Now any perv or predator knows what they look like and they would be easy to spot in any of the trail towns.IMO posting pics of underage kids is not a good idea while they are still on the trail.She could have waited till she got home and write a book or whatever.To keep her family updated she could have e-mailed pics privately.I think she may have some parenting issues and putting your children on the internet could put them at risk to cyber thugs or worse.....

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    The mother disclosed their exact location on trailjournals. I am not really surprised. Safety of her children is not exactly her top priority.
    She didn't mention the group got separated again and spent another night apart from the rest. Lone Wolf said today that a SOBO who stayed at the Place told him about it today.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Dancer View Post
    if she didn't somebody else would of. have you ever tried to find someone on the trail. just because you know the town doesn't mean you will find them. i guess a family moving alone would be easier. they will hit a hostel soon and the drama will start again.
    my guess is this time they will have money and there will be 100 posts on where yous think it came from and how it should of been spent LOL
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    if she didn't somebody else would of. have you ever tried to find someone on the trail. just because you know the town doesn't mean you will find them. i guess a family moving alone would be easier. they will hit a hostel soon and the drama will start again.
    my guess is this time they will have money and there will be 100 posts on where yous think it came from and how it should of been spent LOL
    The I'll be the first and vote for purchasing cold weather gear, since she mentions several times in the journals that they don't have anything of the sort. Fall in the Appalachians isn't the same as fall in Louisiana. We once had a pretty close call with hyperthermia in early September while hiking The Priest due to a stupid mix-up with clothing that should have been but wasn't packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    The I'll be the first and vote for purchasing cold weather gear, since she mentions several times in the journals that they don't have anything of the sort. Fall in the Appalachians isn't the same as fall in Louisiana. We once had a pretty close call with hyperthermia in early September while hiking The Priest due to a stupid mix-up with clothing that should have been but wasn't packed.
    Sorry, should be "Then I'll be the first" and the correct term is hypothermia. Good thing I wasn't one of the ones who criticized people's spelling in trail journals

Texting and global communications halve made speling and punktuation obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    I reckon that this will be just another way to ask for money and supplies. You don't have cold weather gear? STAY HOME and save for it like everyone else does. No, she'll be writing about how all those kids really need is to have warm thoughts and they'll survive. Then the donations will start pouring in.

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Texting and global communications halve made speling and punktuation obsolete.
    In Bama we call it Hi-per-ther-me-er.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post
    I reckon that this will be just another way to ask for money and supplies. You don't have cold weather gear? STAY HOME and save for it like everyone else does. No, she'll be writing about how all those kids really need is to have warm thoughts and they'll survive. Then the donations will start pouring in.
    Yep. Just like people are sending her food. NO. That is NOT the same as running across trail magic. Now she's going to start expecting food to pop of post offices and hostels. No winter gear? Go. Home. Don't send her gear. We got to Gooch Gap, I was wet and cold and feared for my life. We got out and went back to the Hiking Hostel and then spent a day at Wal-Mart and other stores buying our own clothes/gear to be better equipped. We did NOT go on-line and talk about not having what we needed in a "poor us" voice and get people to send us stuff. If we couldn't have bought what we needed we'd have gone home right then. SHE'S responsible for her kids, not you. But as long as others keep giving them and sending them free stuff, and paying their bills, she's going to suck it up like the leech that she is, and that she's teaching her kids to be. You think you're doing it out of "caring" and "love." No you're not. You're enabling a mentally inept mother to keep going on the money and goods of others. Now she knows for sure that if she doesn't pay up, you will. If she can't feed her kids, you will. Where the f*** is her husband? Why isn't HE sending her money and food and whatever else she and the kids need? Maybe there isn't really a husband. Ever consider that?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    Yep. Just like people are sending her food. NO. That is NOT the same as running across trail magic. Now she's going to start expecting food to pop of post offices and hostels. No winter gear? Go. Home. Don't send her gear. We got to Gooch Gap, I was wet and cold and feared for my life. We got out and went back to the Hiking Hostel and then spent a day at Wal-Mart and other stores buying our own clothes/gear to be better equipped. We did NOT go on-line and talk about not having what we needed in a "poor us" voice and get people to send us stuff. If we couldn't have bought what we needed we'd have gone home right then. SHE'S responsible for her kids, not you. But as long as others keep giving them and sending them free stuff, and paying their bills, she's going to suck it up like the leech that she is, and that she's teaching her kids to be. You think you're doing it out of "caring" and "love." No you're not. You're enabling a mentally inept mother to keep going on the money and goods of others. Now she knows for sure that if she doesn't pay up, you will. If she can't feed her kids, you will. Where the f*** is her husband? Why isn't HE sending her money and food and whatever else she and the kids need? Maybe there isn't really a husband. Ever consider that?
    An article mentioned that her husband is a policeman, but apparently she also gets food stamps because there are 7 children total. I agree. I think she has a screw loose.

JERRY!...JERRY!...JERRY!
    Charity sees the need. Not the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintop View Post
    JERRY!...JERRY!...JERRY!
    Charity sees the need. Not the cause.
    Big difference between the need for charity and paying for a damn vacation. And it won't stop here. Read her journal. She has plans to have volunteers drive them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Being View Post
    Big difference between the need for charity and paying for a damn vacation. And it won't stop here. Read her journal. She has plans to have volunteers drive them everywhere.
    Am I missing something? I don't see what the big fuss is about. It isn't how I roll, but I don't see how she has offended so many people. And if the authorities investigated and found that there wasn't anything nefarious and that the kids were healthy then, whats the problem?

Seems like once you give a negative opinion and say what you have to say, that should be enough. It's sort of become bashing for a few. Nothing nasty said here now is going to make any kind of positive difference for the kids. Everyone here knows the problems and seems in agreement that it's a troublesome situation, but it appears that folks are trying to help. Maybe it's time to accept the situation and try to add some positive input. Surely attempting to prevent people from helping if they want to is not helpful to the kids. Why should any of us care if people up the trail want to help out?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
++ New Posts ++