WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

snoring by itself doesn't meanyou have sleep apnea, you need to have a sleep study done for a positive diagnosis. Sleep apnea means you stop breathing while your asleep, loud snoring is just one of the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by The_watch_guy View Post
    snoring by itself doesn't meanyou have sleep apnea, you need to have a sleep study done for a positive diagnosis. Sleep apnea means you stop breathing while your asleep, loud snoring is just one of the symptoms.
    +1 on that. Helps if you have a significant other to notice the stopped breathing part. They do sell inexpensive pulse-ox monitors/data loggers that you can use if you suspect it but don't feel like doing an actual sleep study. If you get an oxygen level below 80%, go get a sleep study done sooner than later.
    "A frog in a well does not know the great ocean" - Japanese Proverb

Hike Prep Blog - http://psrat.blogspot.com/

Spent the nite in a shelter in smokies with some guy named “bagworm.” His wife had sewed two tennis balls in to back of his sleep Tshirt- you can imagine that look. He slid into his bag all the way out of sight and went to sleep and snored so hard he vibrated the whole shelter.

A hundred feet from two ladies hanging and they were so loud they kept me awake in my tent with earplugs. I asked what they liked about hammocks. Answer....the angle of the neck stops the snoring.

Journal Entries

Here's my spin: I will not go to any shelters any more since my snoring can blow the roof off. I have been subjected to much harassment. the heck with regulations. I'll p/u water and camp somewhere along the way It makes for a quieter night and I don't have to put up with crazy thrus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++