WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2434 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 1434 1934 2334 2384 2424 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2444 ... LastLast
Results 48,661 to 48,680 of 49000
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    Guinness has magnetic qualities.
    Back at the inn on the long trail...
    There's plenty more in Hanover, Jacko. I've foam-blazed that town a few times and can vouch for it.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Guinness has magnetic qualities.
    Back at the inn on the long trail...
    Don't it though?

Given your location, I would have expected you to be drinking long trail ale, that is assuming that you like hops.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

I think a deep breath and agreement to differ may be a good call.
    If I can do it anyone can.

Changing subject I am going to bed after red sox game ends.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    There's plenty more in Hanover, Jacko. I've foam-blazed that town a few times and can vouch for it.
    Are yes but this place has an irish band on friday and sat.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Don't it though?

Given your location, I would have expected you to be drinking long trail ale, that is assuming that you like hops.
    IM drank that.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Aw shoot, Hikerboy57, I thought we were having fun. You single out others here for teasing and mockery so often in this thread, and elsewhere, it seemed pretty clear you thought it just good old fashioned sport. Now you're saying you don't like being on the receiving end. I'm sorry to have contributed to your unhappiness.

About the phone call, funny how you took the calls when it was me asking you to let up on me, but when the shoe's on the other foot, you don't take the call. Does that mean you're too sensitive? Or does it mean we all are sensitive, and you, me, everyone else ought to take better care not to insult, disrespect, mock and belittle others here?

Look, Andy, you don't like me, never have - something about me rubs you the wrong way, and you can't help but channel venom in my direction, despite my best efforts. That started from our first interaction where you ridiculed and mocked me personally, two years ago, for asking if it would be possible, reasonable, to get better cell phone service in between Pinkham Notch and Mt. Washington after my first trip to the Whites. It's a hot button issue for you, and it got us off on the wrong foot, and I get the idea it doesn't take much to get on your wrong side for good. I have tried time and again to make peace with you, with little or no give on your part. I hoped that would get better after our group outing last January, where you were great and we all had a good time.

I'm glad we had that nice day together, where I saw a better side of you. I continue to try to remember that more and forget your nasty side. It's too bad you can't bring yourself to treat me better and to stop mocking and teasing me and others whenever you feel like it, regardless of any sense of manners, courtesy or their feelings - I'm one of many people who really don't like that about you; just happen to be the one most willing to confront you about it.

I don't expect you to reform yourself, to bite your tongue rather than to mock when it occurs to you, least of all on account of me. I could easily be friends with the Andy I met in January, he was all right. I'm rooting for him to win that fight between you and yourself you mentioned earlier, but I'm not betting on him.

You wondered in another thread the other day why people leave Whiteblaze, or come less often. I'd bet the sniping and snarking, which you're a professional at, is reason number one. The high degree of moderation we get here would die down if people weren't so nasty.
    i pm'd you and asked you nicely.you persisted.you dont know me.you will never know me.unfortunately,ignore doesnt work on my droid, so i'll just ask you nicely once more to stop using my real name.and dont let the door hit you on the way out.
    we dont have doors anyway

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i pm'd you and asked you nicely.you persisted.you dont know me.you will never know me.unfortunately,ignore doesnt work on my droid, so i'll just ask you nicely once more to stop using my real name.and dont let the door hit you on the way out.
    we dont have doors anyway
    and "our group outing" was a 3 day hike with you along for a few hours and lunch. dont remeber seeing you the rest of the weekend.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

No offense intended towards either of you, but could you either drop it or move it to PM?

You've moved well beyond a friendly argument and it's sucking the good vibes out of here. Even the dehydrated taters are starting to wilt.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

No offense intended towards either of you, but could you either drop it or move it to PM?

You've moved well beyond a friendly argument and it's sucking the good vibes out of here. Even the dehydrated taters are starting to wilt.
    agreed .

Images

i need to hike

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Agreed...beginning to feel a tad "high school" here...what's the dehydrated tate reference?
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 07-31-2013 at 22:34.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i need to hike
    You will.
    You have about 8 months to see if you can think of any gear upgrades you may want.
    Will you have a "silly"thing in ypur pack or will you just carry Pepe?

Images

I still have the five bullets and HooRoo has one extra!

Journal Entries
    Images

You will.
    You have about 8 months to see if you can think of any gear upgrades you may want.
    I'v seen HooRoo...who is Pepe?
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 07-31-2013 at 22:34.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I'v seen Roo...who is Pepe?
    HB has a skunk.
    Friend of HooRpo.

I think one of my tj pics shows them together in ny a few weeks ago.

Journal Entries
    Images

HB has a skunk.
    Friend of HooRpo.

I think one of my tj pics shows them together in ny a few weeks ago.
    Yes, I did see that pic....cute. Am I to assume Pepe as in "Le Pew"?

Images

You will.
    pepe will be along or the ride,for sure,hope he can stick with me the whole way.i just bought a new tent(lightheart solong 6)which is amazingly quick and easy setup, about the same wieght as my fly creek, but the old tent is showing some wear and tear, dont think it would survive complete thru,the new one has more room, more ventilation options.outside of that, im pretty set with my gear. i was happy with my kit this spring, really dont see the need to change much else. oh i bought a titanium pot and a new long handle spoon, lost the old one somewhere. but thats all i changed. the tent, the pot and the spoon.thats all. oh and i got new trail runners, switching from la sportiva raptors to ultra raptors. i think the only thing better than that is ultra=ultra raptors.and thats all i . the tent, the shoes, the pot and the spoon.thats all.oh and i bought a couple pair of darn tough socks. the tent, the shoes, the socks, the spoon and the pot. thats all.oh, and a new sea to summit 13L orange food bag. the bag, the tent, the pot the spoon, the shoes and the socks. thats all.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Yes, I did see that pic....cute. Am I to assume Pepe as in "Le Pew"?
    The one and only....
    He's a bit on the nose at times but HooRoo is used to hiker funk.

Images

at beauty spot

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    On our last walk to the Virgin Island we stopped at this little Sangria hut.
    Attachment 23037
    Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Socks, is that for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Yep, though we didn't really walk there...swam most of the way , my son and I both agreed it was one of the coolest things we've ever done!
    Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    That is pretty cool. If I can find the info I'll show you something I want to do one day. My sister turned me on to it.
    Hey socks, here's what I was telling you about. I've snorkeled Looe Key but never when the "concert" was going on. http://www.bradenton.com/2013/07/14/...val-kicks.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wJoCG1vPd64 There's better videos, I just grabbed the first one I came too. Anybody I've ever talked to says you can hear the music really well. One day I'll find out.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

++ New Posts ++