WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2444 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 1444 1944 2344 2394 2434 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 ... LastLast
Results 48,861 to 48,880 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Totally charged....I think I've got the Grayson Highlands part figured out...now have to plan your area. Still haven't settled on the exact dates yet though.
    I always enjoy the planning stage as well as the hike itself. The planning stage helps get me pumped up. It's great that Snacktime will be with you. Does he get very excited before a hike?

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

He usually doesn't get too excited until just before we leave. For the most part, the planning leaves him flat, unless it involves videos. We'll be spending some time watching repeats of Appalachian Impressions and anything we can find on the ponies and McAfee Knob. There are also some VA sights for us to see unrelated to the AT and we'll be studying them soon.

Soon I'll start showing him WB pics of the places and people we'll see....like you and HikerMom
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Excellent. Sounds like soup to me in Oct. I think we're going up on Fri. the 9th.
    Closes for the season September 21. Some of the other huts are open in November but I couldn't tell you which ones. AMC website has all that.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Some of the other huts are open in OCTOBER
    Fixed it.......

Journal Entries
    Images

Calling it a night too....goodnight all.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

He usually doesn't get too excited until just before we leave. For the most part, the planning leaves him flat, unless it involves videos. We'll be spending some time watching repeats of Appalachian Impressions and anything we can find on the ponies and McAfee Knob. There are also some VA sights for us to see unrelated to the AT and we'll be studying them soon.

Soon I'll start showing him WB pics of the places and people we'll see....like you and HikerMom
    That picture might cause nightmares.

These pictures might help him to get over them.

Summit Cut to Fox Creek 147.jpg

Summit Cut to Fox Creek 148.jpg

Summit Cut to Fox Creek 146.jpg

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Calling it a night too....goodnight all.
    G'night Teacher.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Excellent. Sounds like soup to me in Oct. I think we're going up on Fri. the 9th.
    The Lakes hut closes in mid-September, as does Madison Spring. The lower-elevation ones have longer seasons, and I think a couple stay open year-round. More info here: http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/whit...huts-lakes.cfm
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Journal Entries
    Images

[QUOTE=Deer Hunter;1510511]That picture might cause nightmares.

These pictures might help him to get over them.

Summit Cut to Fox Creek 147.jpg

Summit Cut to Fox Creek 148.jpg
    These are wonderful...he's staying over tonight...I'll be sure to show him....ALL the pics!

Closes for the season September 21. Some of the other huts are open in November but I couldn't tell you which ones. AMC website has all that.
    Shoot. Well, gonna probably hike to it just to see it. Looks like a plain old sandwich.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    The Lakes hut closes in mid-September, as does Madison Spring. The lower-elevation ones have longer seasons, and I think a couple stay open year-round. More info here: http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/whit...huts-lakes.cfm
    I was looking at the Mizpah Hut from Mt. Washington but that looks like a little too much for me right now. Plus it would involve an overnight and we're with my sister and brother-in-law doing the tourist thingy in the surrounding areas. I'll get there one day when it's open.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Now what?............................................. ..............

Images

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Now what?............................................. ..............
    Top of the morning Coach
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Images

Scored a free ticket to the Bridgestone in Akron. Going to go up and watch how to do it right.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Images

Indeed....I'm wrapping things up here so I can meet Oz and take Monday off, but I'll be lurking!

Images

Good morning everybody. There is a second Cafe that has opened. See if you can find it.

Are you talking about the 2 threads started by Hiker Mom and Just Bill that were obviously Cafe clones that Alligator closed until we could figure out how to handle them? Are they back?

I checked TrailPlace but don't think thats it...hard to tell though with all the traffic there.

Images

Are you talking about the 2 threads started by Hiker Mom and Just Bill that were obviously Cafe clones that Alligator closed until we could figure out how to handle them? Are they back?
    Your not even luke warm....................

Images

I checked TrailPlace but don't think thats it...hard to tell though with all the traffic there.
    nope . its somewhere right here on whiteblaze

++ New Posts ++