WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1423 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 423 923 1323 1373 1413 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1433 1473 1523 1923 2423 ... LastLast
Results 28,441 to 28,460 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Just sometimes...no matter where you are..........you gotta' deal with crap, and you gotta' wade thru it
    That's true & I like wading thru it all with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Give me a clue as to which one. I can't find it.
    Har har. ATM hasn't got a clue. I thought as much, but didn't want to say it out loud. Oops... hit the 7 second censor button. Too late.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i just got back from my sitdown with the boss. i told him i wasnt happy with my current role, and unhappy with the direction we're going.i told him i was going to go hike for a month or two and when i returned we would talk about me working there again.i need to get some separation so that i can look at my life objectively and see how i want to finish out my career, and i told him it didnt necessarily mean i would not return,just that i needed some time and separation to ensure if i did return, i would bea able to give it 100%he said he understood, that in a way he wishes he could simplify his life the way i have, that he envies me. he told me the door will be open, that i will have a job(he didnt know what capacity)should i choose to return. he knows my love of hiking, and wa supportive in the past of all my trips, and my penchant for disappearing for a few days when things got too hot at work.
    so i call my mom to tell her my intention to go hiking. she tells me she took dad for his checkup monday with the eye,ear and throat guy, who found a white growth under his tongue the size of a quarter.cut the whole thing out to send for biopsy to find out if its cancerous or not. dad is now 83,survived a stroke,has bladder cancer already(its contained,not spreading),survived an aortic abdominal aneurism 5 years ago and says he does not want to go for treatments if it does turn out to be malignant.hes been through a lot the past 10 years and hes tired.
    boy life is interesting.
    Sorry to hear about your dad HB. I had a wedge taken out of my tongue for biopsy last summer. It is a very unpleasant proceedure and the following week was pretty bad. I was lucky, mine was benign, wish him the best.

Congrats on your upcoming hike. Wish I hadn't made commitments for most of the summer. I'm going to have to settle for a few days at a time for awhile.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-13-2013 at 14:46.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Quote Originally Posted by FatHead64 View Post
    We woke up to about an inch of fresh snow this morning - the old stuff had just about finished melting. The roads were pretty slick, but my carpool buddy has a nice Sierra 4x4, so I slept on the way today.

Hopefully, on the ditto above, it wasn't about the 19 year part.
    It wasn't ditto on the 19 year part... I'm happy for you tho! :>) REally HAPPY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Sorry to hear about you dad HB. I had a wedge taken out of my tongue for biopsy last summer. It is a very unpleasant proceedure and the following week was pretty bad. I was lucky, mine was benign, wish him the best.

Congrats on your upcoming hike. Wish I hadn't made commitments for most of the summer. I'm going to have to settle for a few days at a time for awhile.
    Storm... been missing you!!

Don't do it HM. Go back and do this: ....................
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Har har. ATM hasn't got a clue. I thought as much, but didn't want to say it out loud. Oops... hit the 7 second censor button. Too late.
    Thanks to you BB - I GOT IT. Makes you wonder.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Sorry to hear about you dad HB. I had a wedge taken out of my tongue for biopsy last summer. It is a very unpleasant proceedure and the following week was pretty bad. I was lucky, mine was benign, wish him the best.

thnks, and thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. my moms cool with me hiking, says dads not dying yet, no reason to stick around just worrying, said if i was working, there would be no reason to take off of work, so no reason not to hike. she said shed rather me be happy on the trail than unhappy at work. where i am is not going to change anything.
    cant understand how theyve put up with me all these years.
    i have been fortunate to have such good parents.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    It wasn't ditto on the 19 year part... I'm happy for you tho! :>) REally HAPPY!!
    For me, it's old news now. Just no thyroid out of it. And personal experience with lead-lined hospital rooms. It did really suck at the time with my new 8 week old daughter, though. She's the one going hiking with me in May!

I was wondering about a couple things. I am no longer wondering about one thing.

That post was for you ATM... but you found it already! Ahhhh... I've gotta run!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Hint- straight forward

I did not find it. I guess I ain't that smart.

I did find Fur Que's statements in the Gun thread to be a little tasteless.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by FatHead64 View Post
    For me, it's old news now. Just no thyroid out of it. And personal experience with lead-lined hospital rooms. It did really suck at the time with my new 8 week old daughter, though. She's the one going hiking with me in May!
    Good to know FH...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post

guys try not to comment on specifics in other threads,please.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

still waiting for the op to make his second post
    If you had received that kind of warm welcome,would you have bothered with a second post?
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Whoops... then I've got the wrong one then... I'm gone.. for real.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    If you had received that kind of warm welcome,would you have bothered with a second post?
    didnt i offer popcorn and milk duds?but dont you think it somewhat odd that his one and only question about the trail is one of the most controversial?like throwing a molotov cocktail and driving away?

Yeah, thought that might bring on some strong ideology from the powers that be. Could be wrong. Sometimes am.

Images

guys try not to comment on specifics in other threads,please.
    Glad I'm not the nameless one.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Well it has been fun. I am off to the salt mines. Later lurkers.

++ New Posts ++