WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1418 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 418 918 1318 1368 1408 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1428 1468 1518 1918 2418 ... LastLast
Results 28,341 to 28,360 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    That's exactly what happens. They fooled around with the specifics somehow and the rule was wherever the product was "finished" is where it was made. So - don't believe everything you read about being made in the USA. Especially WM.
    Winged Monkey isn't a native citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by slow mind View Post
    Almost 12,000 views on the has anyone seen Rifle thread. He soon will reach Mythical Beast status, sorta like Bigfoot. Some want him taken alive, some want him dead, some hope he runs free & some don't care.
    SM, excellent analysis. Informative, interesting, and intriguing.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    doubtful.in ny we got cultcha

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    That's okay, I believe that in accordance with Cafe rules, that entitles you to a free drink...

I got broadsided by a flame on the daylight savings thread yesterday. It seems like te less offensive the post, the more likely you are to get an angry response.
    Probably because the less offensive you are makes them think you are a nice person. Just like in real life bullies do not usually go after people they perceive are "tough" and will put up a fight. They look for what they perceive as easy marks. Not saying it should be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Yeah, I hope some sweet talkin southern girl sweeps him right off his feet.. cultcha.

In other news...
    Tension is building, welcome mats and patience is wearing thin....I was wondering how long it would take....

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    To be honest, the wrong side only bothered me in Europe on roundabouts.
    It did my head in going the wrong way around roundabouts.
    Oz, you will not find many of those in the USA. Driving here since I was 15 (36 years) and been on a lot more of them in Brazil and the UK than here.

Just got done doin' it 15min. ago. Just loaded the pack. This time it includes food and water.
    ATM, How much did it weigh (without food & water)?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    ATM, How much did it weigh (without food & water)?
    I'm not really sure. I'm at 32lbs with 4 days food and 1.5 liter of water. I also have a can and a half of Nido in there. I gotta have my milk. That's over a pound by itself. But it doesn't last long a 4Tbs per cup. I think I was around 22lbs. before food and water.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    nah i cant afford to take 6 months off. quit my job monday, getting out for a month or two.
    on the other hand, you never know.i am somewhat impulsive
    HB, you are going to love it so much you are going to want to finish it. If you can afford 6 months, just pick up the pace and do it in 4 months.

BB, surprised you wear gators. Or you do not worry about those ounces (grams) since they are on your legs instead of your back?
    I worry more about ticks than I do about a few oz on my angles.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Have you looked at him closely? He's got bird legs as well as bird brains
    Hey! No making fun of people with funny looking legs. You can make fun of my BirdBrain, but I am sensitive about my legs.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Journal Entries
    Images

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

How about Phil. Who's Phil. Happy, happy, happy.
    ATM, lets see LW has the patriarch type leader aspect down with all of his experience and personality. And the one picture I saw of LW had a resemblance to Phil. But I don't really know about the Happy, happy, happy. Since HB show that CEO type leadership in starting and growing the Cafe I guess he could be our Willie. With your great since of humor you could be Jase. Of course I could also see you taking Phil or Willie if you wanted.

I'm not really sure. I'm at 32lbs with 4 days food and 1.5 liter of water. I also have a can and a half of Nido in there. I gotta have my milk. That's over a pound by itself. But it doesn't last long a 4Tbs per cup. I think I was around 22lbs. before food and water.
    ATM, Looks like all those shakedown's paid off. And once you get to Mt Rogers you can switch down to a lighter bag and send some of the winter clothes home, getting you even lighter. And of course once out there for a month or so you will probably find some other things you can cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    WOO, now those are some pretty scrawny bird legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Nice try, but those ain't my legs. My legs don't look that good.

ATM, lets see LW has the patriarch type leader aspect down with all of his experience and personality. And the one picture I saw of LW had a resemblance to Phil. But I don't really know about the Happy, happy, happy. Since HB show that CEO type leadership in starting and growing the Cafe I guess he could be our Willie. With your great since of humor you could be Jase. Of course I could also see you taking Phil or Willie if you wanted.
    phil who?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    phil who?.....
    LW, Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty. ATM was asking, and proposed comparison was only meant as a compliment as both you posses many of the same positive attributes. Really any other comparisons other than Uncle Si could be considered a stretch. But One Sock (formerly RocketsSocks) does remind me a lot of Uncle Si.

LW, Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty. ATM was asking, and proposed comparison was only meant as a compliment as both you posses many of the same positive attributes. Really any other comparisons other than Uncle Si could be considered a stretch. But One Sock (formerly RocketsSocks) does remind me a lot of Uncle Si.
    oh, OK. seen the show a few times

Hiya, kids! Well, I made it back to Iraq. Got in yesterday. Stuck in Baghdad until Sunday. This traveling in country thing is getting to be ridiculous with the waits.

I managed to bookend the vacation with a little fun on each side of the class I took. Class was one hell of a week. Started feeling kinda pekid Sunday night. Monday, woke up feeling like hell. By Tuesday it was more like hammered s#*t warmed over twice. Wednesday I was wishing for death. And those were all classroom days. Thursday was practical application. Live burns all day. I woke up feeling slightly better, but better than wishing for death...well you get the idea. I managed to live through the day Thursday but it kicked my everloving ass. Passed the test, got the certification, all worth it.

The Saturday before class started (March 2nd) I saw Gabriel Iglesias at the Toyota Center in Houston. He's a hell of a comedian and it was a great show, but I wouldn't recommend seeing a comedy show in a place like that (arena setting). The acoustics suck. Entirely too much echo. Fortunately, Fluffy has a pretty soft voice and doesn't yell a lot, so there wasn't much echo during his show. A few of the preliminary comics, yeah...ouch. All in all it was a great time though. He's a very humble young man and you can tell he truly appreciates his fans. When he came out on stage he was talking about that being the largest (12,000) crowd he's ever had. Previously it was 10K. His voice broke while he was talking about it. Plus, there were coupons/cards available at every merchandise stand for every fan in the audience to go on line and get a free t-shirt. I know at least two in the audience (my date and I) didn't grab a coupon, but even if only half the crowd did, that's a pile of money he laid out just to get the shirts made, not to mention the lost profit.

Saturday the 9th, I saw Cirque du Soleil: Quidat. I'd never seen a Cirque show before, and now I'll never miss another if I have the chance. My previous assessment of it being circus meets Broadway meets LSD was pretty accurate, and I say that as a compliment. One hell of a show!

Sprinkled throughout were a few really nice meals, although not as many as I'd hoped, what with being sick for part of the trip. At least both weekends I felt decent enough to gorge.

I hope all is well with everyone here.

++ New Posts ++