WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1283 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 283 783 1183 1233 1273 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1293 1333 1383 1783 2283 ... LastLast
Results 25,641 to 25,660 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post

The "Dillard family" minus our son. This was taken near the Peaks of Otter on the BRP- WWII Bomber crash site.
    How do you get to that crash site, HM? Hiked around the Peaks area but have never seen that.[/QUOTE]

It' over off of Buzzard's Roast. The only way we found it was with gps. I don't think we still have the coordinates. I might be able to get them, tho.
    It's really cool. Some much of the wreck is still there. I feel bad for the pilots that slammed into the mountain tho.

Images

One of the things I like about the cafe is I can have a chat about little kids and tooth fairies while having another about the joys of alcohol and watch a third about interesting hike sites.
    Like the HikerBoy says "it's all good".

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    definitely aint fosters

Or watered down Budwieser
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    We work for Eucalyptus! We smell like Vic's vapor rub.... We are cute and smart... not so cuddly!
    So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    Good luck with the ears DH!
    I find it a bit sad that the hiking season there and the hiking season here are the same time of year.
    November to March you guys are basically kept indoors by the cold and I'm kept in by the heat.
    Today and the last few have been just under the century in Farenheit but we have another cool break coming - a few days around 28-30C.
    I keep hoping for the end of the heat but realistically it won't happen until after I leave for the USA.
    Thanks Oz.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

I have to wind up my chat now.
    A few things to do outside and the heat is picking up.
    Have a good night folks.
    I'll catch up while you sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    How do you get to that crash site, HM? Hiked around the Peaks area but have never seen that.
    It' over off of Buzzard's Roast. The only way we found it was with gps. I don't think we still have the coordinates. I might be able to get them, tho.
    It's really cool. Some much of the wreck is still there. I feel bad for the pilots that slammed into the mountain tho. [/QUOTE]

Ok , if you do manage to get the coordinates, I would like to go see it.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

The "Dillard family" minus our son. This was taken near the Peaks of Otter on the BRP- WWII Bomber crash site.
    Which one is the daughter?
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

It's really cool. Some much of the wreck is still there. I feel bad for the pilots that slammed into the mountain tho.
    Ok , if you do manage to get the coordinates, I would like to go see it.[/QUOTE]

I'll see what I can dig up for you, DH & get them to you, ASAP. I hope you are back to your ole self really soon 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    My daughter is making up a note to my granddaughter from the tooth fairy explaining how she couldn't walk thru her room without endangering her life and explaining after the room is cleaned she will collect the tooth and bring the money. Smart mom.
    Very smart, mom. Surprised my mom didn't think of that.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

See you later Oz.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    I have to wind up my chat now.
    A few things to do outside and the heat is picking up.
    Have a good night folks.
    I'll catch up while you sleep.

Mouth to .... Resuscitation? Marsupials are so complicated.... It is female?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Aww... nice Milkman!! *Head swelling* ...............Just to let you know, that was back in 2005. I don't look that young right now.

Images

Just refreshed after sending an email before getting up and wow!
    What a smoothie!!!!

You do look good though HM!

Images

Crash site
    http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM5JH_B25D_Crash
    Another site with lots of pics http://www.goodrow.us/B25.html

Aww... nice Milkman!! *Head swelling* ...............Just to let you know, that was back in 2005. I don't look that young right now.
    "I don't look that young right now. "

Happens to everybody. It's what's inside that really counts. You seem to be a very caring person. I was honestly touched that you remembered my vertigo. I mentioned that a couple weeks ago. Here's to you, mom!

Toasting smiley.jpg
    Last edited by Deer Hunter; 02-27-2013 at 22:24.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Really cool pics. May the pilot(s)/passenger(s) RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Crash site
    Thanks MM!

"I don't look that young right now. "

Happens to everybody. It's what's inside that really counts. You seem to be a very caring person. I was honestly touched that you remembered my vertigo. I mentioned that a couple weeks ago. Here's to you, mom!

Toasting smiley.jpg
    Thanks DH... I remember things about y'all cause I care about ya. I know I'm getting older lookin but I'm good with it. I still feel young inside. It might take me a few days to find the coordinates but I will get them to you as soon as I can.

Really cool pics. May the pilot(s)/passenger(s) RIP.
    I know ............ Milkman you will be walking about 5-7 miles or so from that crash site, on the AT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Crash site
    Thanks Mike.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

Not sure why first link isn't a hyperlink, but if you cut & paste it it will give you coordinates.

++ New Posts ++