WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

seems almost like pack mentality they do in groups what they would not do alone .like a fire feeding off each other. till it gets to the point where they wont back down for fear of looking weak.said women there might have been in compitition to impress those femals.wish i could help the victom.

I don't accept and will never accept a few dead or brutally attacked hikers is statistically inevitable and that it's all worth it if no one ever packs a weapon. Way too liberal for my thinking. Those who condemn those who pack have never been brutally attacked with your life as well as your loved ones lives in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyWindsor View Post
    I don't accept and will never accept a few dead or brutally attacked hikers is statistically inevitable and that it's all worth it if no one ever packs a weapon. Way too liberal for my thinking. Those who condemn those who pack have never been brutally attacked with your life as well as your loved ones lives in the balance.
    Please in your right wing literature find me one time where someone was saved from being set on fire because they had a firearm.

Even when I ran the rifle range in Boy Scout camp I don't remember a case of "carry a weapon so some idiot don't set you on fire".
    When I taught hunters firearms safety as a requirement to get a hunting license in my state I don't remember teaching "carry a weapon so some idiot don't set you on fire"

There are dozens of reasons to carry a firearm... I don't think you know any of them.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Default 1.5 seconds

For those who doubt quick access to a weapon, see this link. If it's winter and I'm all bundled up it could take an extra second. If I see someone approaching me, I'll start unziping my jacket, then I'm back at 1.5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw

Journal Entries

I called Gettysburg Hopsital around 6pm today, Friday, to inquire about the burn victim. I was advised that he is not a paitent there when I asked if he was transfered to a burn center was advised that the hospital is not prmitted to give out that info. The Central PA hiking community would like to assist this fellow in some way so if anyone has any details please post same. Slogger

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sloger View Post
    I called Gettysburg Hopsital around 6pm today, Friday, to inquire about the burn victim. I was advised that he is not a paitent there when I asked if he was transfered to a burn center was advised that the hospital is not prmitted to give out that info. The Central PA hiking community would like to assist this fellow in some way so if anyone has any details please post same. Slogger

According to one news article I read the hiker has been released from the hospital.
    -------------------------------------------
    ~Brian

“I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does.”
    -- L.M. Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    The quick and easy answer. What was he supposed to do have it holstered for easy access, or drop his pack and dig it out? Then shot the guy, had to go to court to defend his action?

Why can't people come up with a more useful suggestions, or comments, such as too bad he didn't know how to fight or martial arts and kicked the guys asses?
    folks that have permits to carry will have it readily accessible. trust me. meredith was a black belt. it didn't help. i was threatened recently by a person that came to town looking for me speciffacly to do harm to me because i called police to the hostel for an individual using drugs in the building a couple months prior. he was arrested and vowed to the arresting officers he would be back with "his people". one must be ready

Journal Entries
    Images

possibly the worst article in the paper I have read in years - I am stunned.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

That video rocks! Dirtbag or (mean boyfriend), wouldnt even know what hit them. I want to start reading more news about when the hiker wins these attacks. Those are my favorite. Hope the poor guy is ok in gettysburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    possibly the worst article in the paper I have read in years - I am stunned.
    Don't read the papers much do you.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes I do And Rain man will totally disagree with this as its 13 miles away from the trail and in his book "UNRELATED" to the AT.

I give up.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras Lass View Post
    ? ; you can shoot someone in their feet, legs, anywhere that would disable them from attacking you.
    between the eyes is very disabling... just sayin'
    Biggie

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Please in your right wing literature find me one time where someone was saved from being set on fire because they had a firearm.

Even when I ran the rifle range in Boy Scout camp I don't remember a case of "carry a weapon so some idiot don't set you on fire".
    When I taught hunters firearms safety as a requirement to get a hunting license in my state I don't remember teaching "carry a weapon so some idiot don't set you on fire"

There are dozens of reasons to carry a firearm... I don't think you know any of them.
    Why is believing in firearms and the right to carry a 'right wing' idea? In the history of mankind, we're at the point where the most effective tool is a gun. Take away all guns, and people will use swords, ninja stars, kitchen knives, clubs, an extra pointy ball point pen - whatever they can to inflict the damage they wish to. Guns aren't evil nor are they the problem - people are. SassyWindsor never once said that someone was saved from being set on fire because they were able to subdue or scare away their attackers with a gun. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen. If you ever taught a firearms safety course, surely you'd know better.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie Master View Post
    between the eyes is very disabling... just sayin'
    It is, it very much is. But killing someone is the very last thought going through my head, no matter how much they want to hurt me.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

Journal Entries
    Images

Folks forget guns stick to the story... please....

Woo

Images

Folks forget guns stick to the story... please....
    Agreed. The truth is that this is a sad situation, and my prayers are that this hiker will be OK, and that justice will eventually be served.
    Biggie

Journal Entries
    Images

I would prefer if folks would dig up who the hiker is and how we as a group could help him and similar articles.

This person is going to need a ticket home and help $$$$
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 07-13-2012 at 21:31.

Woo

I would prefer if folks would dig up who the hiker is and how we as a group could help him and similar articles.

This person is going to need a ticket home and help $$$$
    agreed I'm onboard with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras Lass View Post
    It is, it very much is. But killing someone is the very last thought going through my head, no matter how much they want to hurt me.

If your little brother, little sister, child or any loved one is the one being hurt you'll change your mind.

Images

I'm surprised no one knows the hiker, but I guess the big pack of thrus are much farther north. Probably not a thru anyway. If they are found, I'm in for some kind of support.... gear, $... It is an awful thing. My heart goes out to the hiker.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++