WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Photos!

CF97 > Everything Else.

:banana Summit Photos!

I know a good number of folks who have already summited Katahdin! Time to brag in photographic form....

Currently in Gorham, NH
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

I hike for myself and nobody else and i don't brag, i will be keeping my photo's to myself. why is it so important to show my pic's to 10,000 other people. if you want to see the top of Katahdan so badly why don't you take a hike and see for youself instead of living through someone elses photo's. Happy Hiking. RED-DOG

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    I hike for myself and nobody else and i don't brag, i will be keeping my photo's to myself. why is it so important to show my pic's to 10,000 other people. if you want to see the top of Katahdan so badly why don't you take a hike and see for youself instead of living through someone elses photo's. Happy Hiking. RED-DOG
    Why even waste the time to post that comment? Very unnecessary.

He asked a unnecessary question and got a unnecessary replie.

Red Dog expresses the feelings of many hikers on the AT. I recall meeting up with "Lint" near Clingmans Dome in early May-2010 on one of his thru hikes. I asked him if he kept a Trail Journal online, he said no, he said he thinks there's too many online Trail Journals. It can get to be like an AT "Facebook/Dear Diary" type online forum with a large volume of hour by hour details about who said what, where we ate, where we took a crap, what we had for lunch... blah blah blah.

I'm not criticizing anyone who keeps an online Journal, i enjoy reading many of them as much as anyone. But there are many who prefer not to add to that forum, and just share their photos and thoughts with friends and family. Happy hiking.

Images

go on a sunny day!

and advertize your guidebook. they sent you a king-size snicker bar and a can of sardines too.

my guess is you are excited and almost there. have a safe rest of trip.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Thanks praha4 thats how i feel about it.RED-DOG

I'm glad NASA didn't take that "no photo's for you" stance during the Mars Rover mission.....

I agree with SCGamecock.
    Last edited by Spokes; 07-12-2012 at 19:43.

Images

I enjoy shareing pics. I think it's one of WBs top features. Come on who doesn't like looking at places you've been in another season, or walking up on someone you've become acquainted with here. Or looking thru a specific section thru real photos instead of reading facts in the guide book. Hey Spokes needs a category just for his avatars! Oh wait, that's a different web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    I'm glad NASA didn't take that "no photo's for you" stance during the Mars Rover mission.....

I agree with SCGamecock.
    Right on!!!

Images

i know he was looking for people ahead of him that summitted, as he is on the trail, but when his thread was called unnecessary i had to post. . maybe hes a little down and wants to cheer up. i wish him the best on his hike.
    that pic was taken for Attroll and AWOL for their AT Pages site. i think if we start policing the "unnecessary threads" we should start with the "dueling iphones"

KK&K
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl:1310900
    i know he was looking for people ahead of him that summitted, as he is on the trail, but when his thread was called unnecessary i had to post. . maybe hes a little down and wants to cheer up. i wish him the best on his hike.
    that pic was taken for Attroll and AWOL for their AT Pages site. i think if we start policing the "unnecessary threads" we should start with the "dueling iphones"

KK&K
    100% agree. If this is not a valid thread for whiteblaze the nothing else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    Red Dog expresses the feelings of many hikers on the AT. I recall meeting up with "Lint" near Clingmans Dome in early May-2010 on one of his thru hikes. I asked him if he kept a Trail Journal online, he said no, he said he thinks there's too many online Trail Journals. It can get to be like an AT "Facebook/Dear Diary" type online forum with a large volume of hour by hour details about who said what, where we ate, where we took a crap, what we had for lunch... blah blah blah.

I'm not criticizing anyone who keeps an online Journal, i enjoy reading many of them as much as anyone. But there are many who prefer not to add to that forum, and just share their photos and thoughts with friends and family. Happy hiking.
    I think it could maybe be important where they took a crap especially if they took it right on the trail. It would give you a heads up to where to keep an eye out.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

i cant think of anything more inspiring than seeing the joy of those who areacheiving their goals and dreams.i want to share in that joy.

Seems pretty silly that anyone would come on, and become a member of a social network site, and then deny another the same privilege they enjoy. I really don't get that. I just posted for the first time today/lastnight some pics in my gallery that put a face to the name rocketsocks, and should I summit anything, I'll post that too.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks:1310918
    Seems pretty silly that anyone would come on, and become a member of a social network site, and then deny another the same privilege they enjoy. I really don't get that. I just posted for the first time today/lastnight some pics in my gallery that put a face to the name rocketsocks, and should I summit anything, I'll post that too.
    Rocket. Your a dog? No way.

I feel like a person has EARNED bragging rights for hiking the entire trail.... BRAG ON and yesh, I like seeing the pics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    Rocket. Your a dog? No way.
    No silly, I just didn't shave today, geez!

summit.jpg

Here is mine.

Was browsing the 2012 forum when I saw this subject, and the number of replies and thought "Ooh this looks great to click and see a bunch of happy people having already achieved their goal this year as an inspiration to myself hopefully next year". Instead, I click and see Red-Dog completely crapping on an actual 2012 hiker's good idea for an exciting topic. I decided to stop lurking these forums and make my first post just to call you a jerk and a bully, Red-Dog, at least for this particular "contribution". You're almost there fireneck! Looking forward to your picture.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++