WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Ahh no regrets... nice one KK.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-12-2012 at 00:16.

There are a lot of resources for info on hiking and the trails. I don't know why anyone would come here for info. Folks here have never agreed on anything including whether rain is wet or not. If someone asked if it was dark at night, there would be at least 3 dissenting opinions. I come here to laugh and enjoy both the spats and friendship. Yall just keep doing what you've been doing. This is all just for my entertainment anyway!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    There are a lot of resources for info on hiking and the trails. I don't know why anyone would come here for info. Folks here have never agreed on anything including whether rain is wet or not. If someone asked if it was dark at night, there would be at least 3 dissenting opinions. I come here to laugh and enjoy both the spats and friendship. Yall just keep doing what you've been doing. This is all just for my entertainment anyway!
    Skipper, you are preaching to the choir!

I think there is some agreement in some important areas... the problem is that is not where most of the threads are going to be focused.

A few days ago sitting atop Hogs back Mt. here in the UP, or a few weeks ago sitting up on Buzzard Rocks in VA.... no conversations about what kind of hiking poles to carry (or not) and no arguments... just folks who had walked up there. Some day, some section, and in VA, some through hikers...

I bet pretty much anyone here would have been right at home there... and thinking so (it seems to me) makes this a pretty cool place to hang out.*

*No reference to hammock sleeping in intended or implied in the post.
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Journal Entries
    Images

Here we chase the White Rabbit....cus its Wabbit Season...

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

i could swear it was duck season?

Images

I'm just hoping everyone can stay friends long enough to have a drink with me somewhere on the AT in 2013.
    I won't be able to bring many mates from home along with me!
    :-)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    I'm just hoping everyone can stay friends long enough to have a drink with me somewhere on the AT in 2013.
    No sweat, even if you walk and eat with sticks!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    different on the trail. groups seem to form easily. some by age, some by gender, some i never figured out.
    as far as WB some won't make it from springer to neel, but then others don't make it from the computer chair to springer.
    have fun. i have a offer to go to the Phillipines. would be great to go to another country to hike.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i could swear it was duck season?
    Technically it's "duck season" every day here at white blaze, incoming....Duck!

My sentiments exactly!!!! Folks on here are too busy arguing about whose pot is the blackest to be of any help to anyone.

Totaly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderheart View Post
    My sentiments exactly!!!! Folks on here are too busy arguing about whose pot is the blackest to be of any help to anyone.
    Totaly disagree!

Here we chase the White Rabbit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWsfrfq69A
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

My 2 cents as an avid reader of WB I personally love to follow the thrus comments I am looking for the wisdom of those who have done it. I have only hiked about 30 miles of the AT and about 300 miles of the FT. I have considerable knowledge of trails in Florida and gear, cause as a user of both and honestly tested more gear than I should have trying to get my right fit. But for me WB is all about the experiences of the long distance hikers and I have grasped so much information from this site and have used many of the suggestions and have passed much of what I have read to others I hike with. Some of the old timers (I mean age and hikers) are grumdeons but that makes them even more loveable. I look for threads from the seasoned ones so please don't bail I am always wanting to learn more.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    Here we chase the White Rabbit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWsfrfq69A
    Wow,flashback, go with it....go with it.......nice! and totaly legal too. thanks milkman

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Technically it's "duck season" every day here at white blaze, incoming....Duck!
    Excellent!!
    Come sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3yw...ure=plpp_video

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    i have officially de-"friended" my WB "friends."
    this is what happens when you go hiking, you again realize whats important and whats not. the past few weeks of drama have included various offers from wbers to "friend"me and i accepted some, invited others. it wasnt until yesterday that i finally realized"whats up wit dat?"i cant stand this stuff. its just more ego.
    dont take it personally guys- i consider all here friends(well most,anyway), i just dont need to accumulate as many "friends" as i have posts.
    NOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING IN HERE???

I don't post to the site for 48 hours and in that time: I am defriended by two different people (who both say that it's not me, it's them...), Lone Wolf gets banned?, WIApilot goes radio silent, Coffee Rules leaves the site after leaving a final angry rant, another member PM's me to tell me that he's done using the site, we still don't have a consensus on how long cheese lasts on the trail, and worst of all I get a PM inviting me to go on an awesome sounding hike on a day that I'm already busy!

THIS PLACE IS CRAZY I TELL YA!

(On the bright side, the mystery problem with my IPad wwent away, so I can use dancing bananas again!)
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    NOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING IN HERE???

I don't post to the site for 48 hours and in that time: I am defriended by two different people (who both say that it's not me, it's them...), Lone Wolf gets banned?, WIApilot goes radio silent, Coffee Rules leaves the site after leaving a final angry rant, another member PM's me to tell me that he's done using the site, we still don't have a consensus on how long cheese lasts on the trail, and worst of all I get a PM inviting me to go on an awesome sounding hike on a day that I'm already busy!

THIS PLACE IS CRAZY I TELL YA!

(On the bright side, the mystery problem with my IPad wwent away, so I can use dancing bananas again!)
    That'll teach you to leave the confines of "THE BLAZE" and by the way you can check out any time you want but "YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE"
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    ?.. and by the way you can check out any time you want but "YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE"
    Well that would explain why I haven't been able to find my favorite wine in years....

Such a lovely place...such a lovely place.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++