WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    ive never been as far south as tucson but the rest of AZ has lots of places to hike. hell, probably better ones than at least half the AT. hiking being the only consideration i'd probably change locations with you in a second. go do some hiking.
    Do you know how you feel when members post about weather conditions and places of which they know nothing? Well, here's your sign! Except for summer, I hike at least 3-4 times weekly. Currently, I walk (not hike) 5+ miles daily in the mornings or evenings at my property. Do you??? Like every single day? At the moment, it is 106 and will be for the next few months and so I don't hike until it is cooler. Add to this the fact that I am knee-deep in finishing a plane so that I can financially take off for 6-7 months next year so no mountain trips for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    Only if you knocked me unconscious...
    Dave, aka LW, is a nice guy in person. He would knock you out with his charm...........
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

Do you know how you feel when members post about weather conditions and places of which they know nothing? Well, here's your sign! Except for summer, I hike at least 3-4 times weekly. Currently, I walk (not hike) 5+ miles daily in the mornings or evenings at my property. Do you??? Like every single day? At the moment, it is 106 and will be for the next few months and so I don't hike until it is cooler. Add to this the fact that I am knee-deep in finishing a plane so that I can financially take off for 6-7 months next year so no mountain trips for me.

everyday? no. i think if we average it out though the 120 miles i hiked a couple weeks back might put me in the lead.

and besides, its a dry heat : )

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Dave, aka LW, is a nice guy in person. He would knock you out with his charm...........
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. LW=

But I promise you, Chin, that if our paths cross - I'd be honored to grab a beer and dinner with you = my treat.
    There are some amazing guys on this site that it would truly be my privilege to hike with for a few days or grab a drink if they have the time. You are one of them.

everyday? no. i think if we average it out though the 120 miles i hiked a couple weeks back might put me in the lead.

and besides, its a dry heat : )
    Uh yeah. And you get dry heat strokes... A woman from Germany just died here less than a month ago. But come on out and try it. Fool.

ChinMusic---do you play the flute?
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Nobody fails to hike the AT, they're just now section hikers.

Quote Originally Posted by moytoy View Post
    ChinMusic---do you play the flute?
    sometimes....

But I promise you, Chin, that if our paths cross - I'd be honored to grab a beer and dinner with you = my treat.
    There are some amazing guys on this site that it would truly be my privilege to hike with for a few days or grab a drink if they have the time. You are one of them.
    I'm a Diet Coke guy, always the desigated hiker.

Images

Uh yeah. And you get dry heat strokes... A woman from Germany just died here less than a month ago. But come on out and try it. Fool.

first off, learn what this- : ) means. yeesh, all your posting you think youd know.

second- i've hiked the inner canyon of the grand canyon in june.

Images

It's hard to predict who will finish a thru hike. Of the six hikers that started with me on Springer way back in 88 the one that had the most problems early on was only other one to finish. She didn't even make it to Neels gap & resorted to trail angles in suches. Yet she finished. You can say it's a certain percent physical & mostly mental. I nearly quit with a sprained ankle in VA. Va blues are hard to describe.

first off, learn what this- : ) means. yeesh, all your posting you think youd know.

second- i've hiked the inner canyon of the grand canyon in june.
    Grand Canyon is generally 15 degrees cooler than Tucson or Phoenix. Big difference!! But you have earned a new "trail name" with me = Swami. Because you truly think you know all; see all. When I pass through, I'll be sure to bring your turban - complete with fake ruby.

But enough. I promised I would try to play nice and right now I feel like a kitten just swatting a little rodent around.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Do you know how you feel when members post about weather conditions and places of which they know nothing? Well, here's your sign!
    It's probably just as foolish as having 500+ posts since April on a board dedicated to hiking a trail you have virtually no experience on, especially when many of those posts are overly opinionated and pot stirring.

I have nothing personal against you and no interest in getting in an argument with you, but seriously, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Grand Canyon is generally 15 degrees cooler than Tucson or Phoenix. Big difference!! But you have earned a new "trail name" with me = Swami. Because you truly think you know all; see all. When I pass through, I'll be sure to bring your turban - complete with fake ruby.

But enough. I promised I would try to play nice and right now I feel like a kitten just swatting a little rodent around.

yeah. at the rim, sure. not at the tonto platform or below. look, ive hiked when it was above 100 degrees out. but really thats besides the point.

and theres plenty i know zero about. you wont see me posting in the colorado trail forum, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    It's probably just as foolish as having 500+ posts since April on a board dedicated to hiking a trail you have virtually no experience on, especially when many of those posts are overly opinionated and pot stirring.

I have nothing personal against you and no interest in getting in an argument with you, but seriously, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Exactly Elf. You shouldn't throw stones because the same could very easily be said about you. What frickin' difference does it make how many posts I have? Are you the Post Police??? I notice that you are frequently on as well and often join in discussions I start. How many "nice" innocent questions like this have I asked (like in this thread) that have turned into a free-for-all where either myself or some other poor schmuck has been slammed or berated for absolutely no reason other than to relieve some guy's monotony at another's expense?? Is this really what this site is about??

I don't try to start these things, but I sure as heck am not going to be bullied. I'm hiking next year. I shouldn't need to justify my mileage at all. Nor am I going to apologize for being opinionated. But this "sage" advice coming from you?? What a joke. Truly the pot calling the kettle black. Like you aren't opinionated?!

But I'll tell you what I will do. I often create posts just to make this a friendlier place - like about how others got into hiking or their best (or worst) AT memory, etc. I'll just give it a rest and we can all discuss thread after thread on gear or bears.

Too much nonsense arguing. Closed.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++