WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    From sunday service at the church of the holy prosciutto?
    Dave & Paul, don't you love to hear people say capicola............................elevenola, eleveno, elevenini, elevenolo

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou:1335422
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    From sunday service at the church of the holy prosciutto?
    Dave & Paul, don't you love to hear people say capicola............................elevenola, eleveno, elevenini, elevenolo
    Give me Soppresatta or give me death. Or should I say Mortadella?

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    This topic has been dead for quite a while. I suspect (with one post) that VigilAuntie is a troll just trying to stir the old WB pot. I think everyone should stop at Joe to Goes and find out for themselves instead of debating this endlessly.
    But first lets tag it with some cafe graffiti.

This topic has been dead for quite a while.
    I was starting to think the same of you.............lol
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I was starting to think the same of you.............lol
    Just an induced coma.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Waynesboro View Post
    It is one thing to write a review that describes a bad experience at a business. That would be a good thing that helps people. It is something different to invest time in a long-term, aggressive effort to dissuade other people from doing business there.
    And it's yet another thing to conjure up such a campaign in one's imagination when it doesn't exist. What long-term effort? This thread was active for 12 hours short of a week in June, and was revived a couple days ago, garnering 20 or so new posts. Big whoop. Some people have had a bad experience with the guy. That word has spread. Some people like the food he serves and have had no problem with him, others like his food and can see where he's a problem and overlook it. Big whoop. Hope you enjoy both the man's food and his company when you stop by. Hope the same for all who do. I'll probably steer clear, but I ain't losing sleep over it anyhow.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

This topic has been dead for quite a while. I suspect (with one post) that VigilAuntie is a troll just trying to stir the old WB pot. I think everyone should stop at Joe to Goes and find out for themselves instead of debating this endlessly.
    I swear the more posts I see about how good the sangwiches are, the more I want to stop by. So the guy's an SOB, a good hogie or one pound turkey on a hard roll is a pretty valuable commodity. Leave your pack outside and respect the fussy shopowner. But he shouldn't have been mean to Sunshine, though. I can see that annoying people. ...

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    You still hear people in my old neck of the woods use the Napoli dialect for this word: "gabigol' "

Now about this church of the holy prosciutto... I just may start attending church again....
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    ...Jesus' second coming is really to get a capicola on a crusty roll with red-roasted peppers, provolone, red onion, fresh basil and doused with oil and vinegar....
    And here I thought it was for Shepherd's Pie and a pint of Guinness!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    And here I thought it was for Shepherd's Pie and a pint of Guinness!
    Cooker, the next time thru Connecticut, The Elf and I will have to feed you!

It's interesting how people have varying experiences at places like this, some good, some bad. I'm sure a lot of it is one or the other or both getting up on the wrong side of the bed and having a bad day. I had a negative experience at Standing Bear but most posters seem to be okay with the place, just as some are okay with Joe. In my case, granted I may have been a grumpy old man after walking all day and I'll take at least half the responsibilty, but the owner trying to start a physical conflict with another hiker who was a 71 yr old man because he opened a wrong door looking for someone to help him is not acceptable under any circumstances, same with Joe, cut a 12 yr old girl a break!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

+ 1 on Standing Bear!

Driver8, you won't walk past Joe's, the smell of fresh cut turkey will suck you in!
    And those ice cold cans of Mug root beer are priceless!
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Cooker, the next time thru Connecticut, The Elf and I will have to feed you!
    Yeah, Cook. There's good food in Hartford area, greater food in New Haven. Italian is most famous in the Have, but there's a panoply of good restaurants from around the world in that town. I picked a great place to go to college.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    You still hear people in my old neck of the woods use the Napoli dialect for this word: "gabigol' "

Now about this church of the holy prosciutto... I just may start attending church again....
    I used to have a dear 80-something italian landlady in Hartford who would speak glowingly of the best "churches" in town for "brozhoot." Religious fervor comes upon you quickly in such cases. ...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    + 1 on Standing Bear!

Driver8, you won't walk past Joe's, the smell of fresh cut turkey will suck you in!
    And those ice cold cans of Mug root beer are priceless!
    OK, now you're just tormenting me, Don. I ain't got time to drive down to Jersey right now, dadgummit. That's it! I'm starting a flame war!

Images

@Don: Your mother wears army boots. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    same with Joe, cut a 12 yr old girl a break!
    Favorite hikers I met this spring. They did 19 miles this day. The little girl was still pretty peppy, the dad was done for.

2012_04080082.jpg

Journal Entries
    Images

Found this review on Yelp I am surprised some one dug this old thread up.

6/17/2012 This is a horrible place run by a crazed lunatic. He has the cops called on him almost weekly by customers that he has screamed, cussed at and scared away. No public restroom, Seriously, this guy is nuts and go here only if you want to be yelled and cussed at.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    6/17/2012 Seriously, this guy is nuts and go here only if you want to be yelled and cussed at.
    I dont have to walk 2000 miles to get that kind of treatment...I have a wife for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Found this review on Yelp I am surprised some one dug this old thread up.

6/17/2012 This is a horrible place run by a crazed lunatic. He has the cops called on him almost weekly by customers that he has screamed, cussed at and scared away. No public restroom, Seriously, this guy is nuts and go here only if you want to be yelled and cussed at.
    This thread was started 6/14.

"Somebody" bitched on Yelp 6/17.

The question is which WB member this is.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++