WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    My son and I just got back from this hike. He said the MST motto should be, "Is that a lichen or is that a blaze?"..

The trail in this section needs some TLC - very overgrown for long stretches. - I don't think it gets a lot of traffic.

2 best things: A blackberry patch with so many blackberries we ate until we were tired of eating and there was still a ton left when we were finished... And we had a great campsite the second night at 5900' on a bald about a mile or so east (north?) of the Art Loeb trail intersection.

Not sure I'd want to hike any more MST in these parts until the weeds die off but we had a good time.
    the no traffic aspect of pisgah is one of the things that has brought me back so many times.

we used to go every year to pick blueberries for the same reason. always came home with gallons of them.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

10-K, Read my trailjournal MST entry on 14 July, 04. Exactly same trail conditions. I think the CMC maintains this section of trail, but probably only once a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++