The official registry gets a little crowded with all the people heading north and so few of us, so, I thought I'd make an unofficial thread for us to keep in touch and maybe get to know some of you before we see each other on the trail in 2013! Just going with the basic stuff for myself but add whatever you'd like about yourself. Also, I'd like to ask why you chose to go SOBO versus the masses.

I'll start I guess!

Trail name: Shimp (just a nickname I've had forever stemming from 1 really, really bad haircut I got as a kid).
From: I live in Columbus, Ohio currently but I'm from South Carolina.

I'm 30 now and finally have a great job that will permit me to take the 6 months off.

I'll be bringing a water-color set and sketch pad to help with zero days and other times of boredom / inspiration.

Chose SOBO solely for the challenge of it. Some of the hardest hiking right off the bat. Being in pretty remote places where you HAVE to plan properly and try to get yourself into the routine of hiking life. Less people, I've never had a huge group of friends, but I do have several amazing very close friends. I've never seen the need for quantity.