WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

AT Wanderer and '08 Dreamer Kevin A. Boyce's Avatar
    Images

Default Eastern Mountain Sports Outdoor Demo Tour

Hello all; as a long time WB member and AT maintainer/shuttle-er/trail angel and the store manager of the EMS in Scarsdale NY, I wanted to pass along a FREE event to folks in the area; especially to those that may be thru-ing/sectioning/whatever hike you are on... We are hosting an Outdoor Demo Tour at the Taconic Outdoor Education Center just off the trail near the Dennytown Road tenting area in NY.

We will have kayaking, standup paddling, camping gear; including some lightweight! as well as cycling and trail running; Salomon will be on hand with a company rep with a number of shoes that you can try on. Also we will have some of our footwear gurus on hand to help tweak your kicks if they are acting up.

We can also try to help you with gear re-supply; a number of the crew that will be there are usually found on the trail if not working and we can see what we can work out to get you your gear.

This is a free event; come on down for a zero and relax and play... This is not spam... I just want my fellow hikers to come on down and chat, relax and hang out...
    If you have any questions or concerns; please reach out to me...

Kevin A. Boyce
    aka Bear Burrito

Images

Hey Kevin,

What day is this? Based on the EMS website, my best guess would be this Sunday, June 3, 10am-4pm but I just wanted to make sure.

I might make the trip down to check it out, or I may go next week to the Mansfield one. Depends if I get my car back from the shop today or not. But if I am able to make it, if you want, I'll bring the gear I took on my thru attempt with me in case there are people who want to thru and are curious about it. Also, I'll bring my slackline, because that's always a fun time

Thanks for the heads up, and best of luck with the event if I can't make it down!

AT Wanderer and '08 Dreamer Kevin A. Boyce's Avatar
    Images

Oops....yes June 3, 10am to 4pm....

That would be cool RWheeler... we have a Gibbons line as well to set up...

Hope to see folks there!

Quote Originally Posted by RWheeler View Post
    Hey Kevin,

What day is this? Based on the EMS website, my best guess would be this Sunday, June 3, 10am-4pm but I just wanted to make sure.

I might make the trip down to check it out, or I may go next week to the Mansfield one. Depends if I get my car back from the shop today or not. But if I am able to make it, if you want, I'll bring the gear I took on my thru attempt with me in case there are people who want to thru and are curious about it. Also, I'll bring my slackline, because that's always a fun time

Thanks for the heads up, and best of luck with the event if I can't make it down!

++ New Posts ++