WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default HOW TO attach ALICE pack to MOLLE Frame, A KISS Solution

I recently got an ALICE pack with the intentions of doing the HELLCAT mod

When I started really looking into it I realized it was more work than I wanted to do, and I really like my MOLLE Gen 4 frame.

So I decided to attach ALICE to MOLLE, but I couldn't find anything online about how to do that using the standard Gen 4 frame. So I figured it out myself.

Turns out the ALICE matches up beautifully with the MOLLE Frame, all you need is a 6' piece of parachute cord. Okay enough talk, here's the pics. This tutorial assumes that the straps and kidney belt are already attached properly...

1. Tie the string to the frame on the 4th slot down. I attached it using a round turn with two half-hitches.

2. Run the cord between the pad and the ALICE. Come from the bottom to the top.

3. Run the cord down through the diagonal slot at the top of the frame, located next to the attachment slot for the load lifters.

4. Run the cord across and up through the other diagonal slot, going back towards the pack

5. Run the cord down under the pad

6. Down the inside slot (4th hole down again) and then up through the outside slot.

7. Back up underneath the pad

8. and down through the diagonal slot again

9. back across and through the other diagonal

10. and back down under the pad again.

11. run down through the inside slot and up through the outside slot again

12. finish off with round turn and two half hitches

Now attach the bottom using the built in straps at the sides of the bottom of the alice pack: attach to MOLLE frame at the 5th slot up from the bottom.

13. go down the inside slot and up the outside slot

attach to pack and tighten

14. repeat for other side, enjoy.

++ New Posts ++