WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 1st GAMEr in Monson, 8 MEGAs into the 100 Mile. AT season at Baxter has begun.

Just back from Baxter, bugs, moose, birds, and MEGAs. The Georgia Boys hiked back into Baxter from Hurd Brook after hearing the AT had opened up and were summiting yesterday. Abol Bridge Store is building a restaurant, with a take-out window and deck for hikers. Ole Man from the AT lodge had taken his first hiker into Baxter.
    Little Brother was at Lakeshore House in Monson chowing down a pizza before hitting the 100 Mile trailhead yesterday afternoon.
    Spring Creek Bar-b-que is building a new place just up the street.

My bug bites have bug bites...
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Awesome info! Thanks.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

That's great to hear, I climb Katahdin a week from today to start my MEGA. I was gonna call BSP next week to double check that the hunt trail was open but now it looks like I don't have to. Thanks for the update!

Images

Any idea if the GA boys are brothers? I think they may have been the guys in the Smokies who got up at 0400 or so to hike! Great to hear, if they are the same ones! Still great to hear if they are not.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Default 1st GAMEr in Monson, 8 MEGAs into the 100 Mile. AT season at Baxter has begun.

I will be up there starting my MEGA on Friday. Can't wait to see some of you on the trail

++ New Posts ++