WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Anyone going SOBO in early July?

I'm going to begin my SOBO hike probably within the first two weeks of July and I am doing this solo so I wanted to see if anyone would also be starting around that time that would make a good hiking partner!?

Hey I'm thinking about going early June for two months. I live in New York and am hoping to start in Maine.

Journal Entries

My buddy and myself are going to be starting July 4th.

I'm starting my solo sobo thru-hike towards the end of July

Taking the train up there, leaving home the 4th monday in July

My start date will probably be between the 4th and the 7th so maybe I'll see some of you out there!

Default SUmmit 12th

I will be arriving In June ... I was just letten you know ....11th portland maine then to the park

Southbound is my trail name... good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mikeosborne View Post
    I'm going to begin my SOBO hike probably within the first two weeks of July and I am doing this solo so I wanted to see if anyone would also be starting around that time that would make a good hiking partner!?
    I am planning a SOBO attempt starting 7 July and then on with the trail on the 8th. My wife will be driving me up on 6 July. I am in search of someone who has a site reserved (I swing in the trees) that would'nt mind sharing.

Partnering up for the 100 mile wouldn't be a bad idea to say the least!

im starting the first week of july also going solo. got a reservation in baxter the 5th through the 8th

I'm leaving July 29th... If anyone else will be up there that late, let me know... I'm getting a bit nervous that I'll be alone a lot of the time

My SOBO start date, as indicated in an earlier post, may be delayed for a couple of weeks to which I would then be departing mid to late July.

I fear I may have caused a stress fracture in one of the Ol' Dogs due to a training injury so I must rest the foot and do more biking for cardio!

I really... hope this gets better before my departure, either way I am still going to attempt a SOBO!

Default SOBO Hike Starting after July 4th

Quote Originally Posted by mikeosborne View Post
    Will be doing the same here. Hopefully the unrelenting rain we have had in June will subside...

My girlfriend and I have a reservation at Katahdin stream July 5th to the 7th then heading South. I am about to book flights to Boston then a bus to Bangor then pay $175 for a shuttle to Baxter... I wish there was an easier way

Is there an easier way!?!?!

I plan on starting either July 1 or July 4 for a solo SOBO, no camp reservation yet for Baxter.

Quote Originally Posted by Magua View Post
    My girlfriend and I have a reservation at Katahdin stream July 5th to the 7th then heading South. I am about to book flights to Boston then a bus to Bangor then pay $175 for a shuttle to Baxter... I wish there was an easier way

Rent a subcompact car for $100 a day and drive from Chicago to Bangor. Even with gas it's probably cheaper than flying for two people. Then take the local bus to Millinocket?

Quote Originally Posted by forrest! View Post
    Rent a subcompact car for $100 a day and drive from Chicago to Bangor. Even with gas it's probably cheaper than flying for two people. Then take the local bus to Millinocket?
    Thanks for the suggestions forrest! The flight to Boston and bus to Bangor is actually only $140 total. I am most worried about arriving in Bangor at 5:40pm and making it to Katahdin Stream Campground in time to check in the same night before they close at 8:30pm.

Do most people get a shuttle from the AT Lodge once they make it to Millinocket?

MEGA '11, LT '09,'13
    Images

http://www.100milewilderness.info/Th...ilderness.html

Images

Quote Originally Posted by forrest! View Post
    $100.00 a day will get you a huge sub- compact, maybe even a compact motor home.

Thanks for the suggestions forrest! The flight to Boston and bus to Bangor is actually only $140 total. I am most worried about arriving in Bangor at 5:40pm and making it to Katahdin Stream Campground in time to check in the same night before they close at 8:30pm.

Do most people get a shuttle from the AT Lodge once they make it to Millinocket?
    I think the local bus (Cyr) goes to Medway. The AT Lodge has a package deal where they will pick you up from the bus, stay the night with them, and they will deliver you to Baxter the next morning.

Disclaimer: I've never done it, I'm just researching it for next year!

i am shooting for that date as well shoot me a pm and we can talk some

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++