WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I started a july thread so maybe some people will come together. Seems like everyone is in all different threads right now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Default The Eastern Continental Trail

Hey all, pleasure to be here. Name's Fyre, and for good reason. So they tell me that is..

July 1, 2015: Arrive at Harpers Ferry via train and then proceed to kick back and enjoy the 4th in a befittingly historical location.

July 5, 2015: Hit the trailhead and make my way south to Springer.

Fall 2015: Make my way southeast from Springer to Pensacola and continue south down the Florida trail into Everglades National Park through the winter.

June 1, 2016: Harpers Ferry 2.0, this time north to Katahdin, and then up through Maine to the Canadian border.

There is nothing random about my above dates. Time of year is key.

====

If any flip-floppers are going to be heading SOBO from WV in July next month around the 5th, I'm currently looking for a hiking partner. Of course I don't expect company further than Springer, just would be nice to start out with another good soul for the first bit of hiking. vtruebelieverv at yahoo

Remember to stop and smell the roses everyone. Sometimes it seems hikers get too obsessed with their mileage and schedule that they let the beauty of the trail slip away from them. Remember, it's not about your latest and greatest trendy gear. Hiking is not a fashion show. Hiking is about the gear simply being a means to an end. And that end is to become one with your surroundings.

"A man's wealth is directly proportional to the amount of things which he can afford to let alone."

-Thoreau

Hello All,
    My tickets are purchased. I have a reservation for the night of July 6th at Katahdin stream. I plan on hiking Katahdin on 7/06/16 then SOBO on the 7th. Anyone else gonna be around
    Throny

I land in Maine on 6th start hike up Katahadin on 7th reservation ks on 7th sobo on 8th

My friend and I are planning to summit on July 1st and start the HMW on July 2nd. See you there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I will also be starting the hike up K on the 7th, and heading sobo on the 8th, I hope nobody backs out, it would be nice to have some company through the 100 mile wilderness at least, I'm planning a thru-hike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I don't have a final date yet but will be heading southbound starting the first week of July. Hopefully there will be other folks around?

Hi all, From time to time I shuttle hikers up to ME from Boston Logan airport. It's a looong ride and expensive but it's more direct and easier than combining bus, train, plane, etc. If you can combine with others then you can split the cost since I don't charge per person. I have a cross over which can take 3 hikers or a mini van which can take 5 hikers. PM me if interested.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TKE402 View Post
    Hi all, From time to time I shuttle hikers up to ME from Boston Logan airport. It's a looong ride and expensive but it's more direct and easier than combining bus, train, plane, etc. If you can combine with others then you can split the cost since I don't charge per person. I have a cross over which can take 3 hikers or a mini van which can take 5 hikers. PM me if interested.

Chris
    Forgot to mention I also pick up at Manchester NH airport.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
    Chris
    [email protected]
    978-804-1131
    Shuttle services to/from Boston Logan or Manchester, NH airports to/from all points in MA, NH, VT, and ME.

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece View Post
    I don't have a final date yet but will be heading southbound starting the first week of July. Hopefully there will be other folks around?

Im camping at katahdin stream July 1 and 2 and head south the 3rd

starting at roaring brook June 30
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++