I bought a ENO Doublenest to find out what the hub-bub was all about...first, the ENO is comfy. I even installed two heavy duty eye-screws in the livingroom to hang (because the weather hasn't been cooperating). You truly have to practice using a hammock to learn how you can find the best positions for your sleeping style...taking a nap is the best way to practice, but sleeping all night is a different trick.

Those who tout that sleeping in a hammock (as opposed to the ground in a tent) as "the best sleep they ever got" are likely the kind of people who typically sleep on their back or semi-sided, or those who don't need to be as horizontal as a sleeping pad will allow. Wriggling in a hammock is easy to get in a new position, but it becomes complicated when you have to consider the underquilt or pad underneath your body - staying on the pad or other form of insulation is a challenge if you tend to be on the wriggly side.

I don't expect to leave my Hammerhead tent home, but will pack the hammock once in a while for a nice place to relax. I love the pro slap-straps and ease of putting the hammock anywhere - that's a no-brainer. I can stay in the hammock well into the evening reading a book near the fire where my underside can feel the warmth, and perhaps doze off, but bedtime awaits on ThermaRest NeoAir. I am a 6'2" and a 245# side sleeper, but the hammock just doesn't allow me to find the sleep zone I prefer, but I can get some quality rest in it...just not throughout the entire night. More practice? Doubtful...but not that I won't try just for trying!

Get a nice hammock that you can tote on your adventures...don't rush out and buy bug nets, rain tarps, underquilts, and all the other gizmos that hammock-hawkers claim you need...the hammock itself will pay dividends for years!