WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Inspiring People To do More Than They Think They Can

Carole Marks interviewed author Al Dragon on her nationally syndicated radio show A Touch of Grey. They discussed Dragon’s new book Avalanche and Gorilla Jim, Appalachian Trail Adventures and Other Tales and its relationship to people being more active. Avalanche and Gorilla Jim is about an army combat veteran and a semiretired lawyer who hike 1600 miles of the Appalachian Trail, with its adventures, comedy and surprises. Along with being entertaining, funny and interesting, Carole Marks brought out that the book inspires people to do more than they ever thought they could.
    See http://albertdragon.com/?page_id=187

This is about you, right? Talking in third person always confuses me.
    Last edited by Spokes; 05-21-2012 at 14:54.

Images

you said "I believe we have become too inactive. Everyone should take their doctor’s advice to get more exercise. Hiking is a fantastic way to get in shape. Let’s start showing people that they can come of age at any time in their life!” but aren't you preaching to the chore here. hope your book sells well. most of the people in Cherry Hill should heed your advise
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Was that a Plug,cause it sounded like a Plug,I do believe that was a Plug,was it a Plug?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Was that a Plug,cause it sounded like a Plug,I do believe that was a Plug,was it a Plug?
    SSSSSHHHHHHH!!! Rainman, has not noticed this one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by tiquer View Post
    SSSSSHHHHHHH!!! Rainman, has not noticed this one yet!
    This book looks interesting,may just try to win a copy as per there request for funny stories,not sure if I know any funny stories though.......funny to me anyway.I'll problably just buy it,gotta support our writters,right?

Yeah, Spokes, it's about me. Sorry to confuse you by talking in the third person, but they tell me that it is best not to keep saying "me", "I". However, since the post was by Avalanche1 and the title of the book is Avalanche and Gorilla Jim, I knew you would figure it out.

If you read the book, I'd like to know what you think.

AVALANCHE (Is that signature clear enough?)

Hi Kayak Karl,

I agree with you, hikers are usually in good shape.

As you know, obesity is becoming an epidemic in this country. What i'm trying to do is to get other people off their sofas and out to do some hiking, lose weight and improve their health.

Thanks for your kind words about the book selling well.

Avalanche

Hi Rocketsocks and Tiquer,
    I gave my serious reply to Rocketsocks in another forum posting today. Now this is my other reply: Avalanche and Gorilla Jim is a laugh out loud book and you guys look like you have a wild enough sense of humor to get a kick out of it. Even Rocketsocks says he's going to buy it, so that has to mean something.

Hope you enjoy it and I want your honest (ok funny) comment after you read it.

Avalanche

Images

I tell the ladies in my hiking group "If you can do 3 miles you can do 5 miles. If you can do 5 miles you can do 7 miles. And if you can do 7 miles you can do 10 miles." The newbies always sort of gasp and balk, but then they do it and find out that they really can do it. I was telling a group of them that on the shuttle bus ride up from Harpers Ferry to the Visitors Center after we'd done a 7 mile hike. As we were getting off the bus the driver (a lady) asked "Who said if you can do 7 miles you can do 10 miles?" I turned and said "I did!" She smiled and said, "Man, I'd love to hike with you someday!" Made me all glowy inside.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Inspiring people to do more than they think they can? Tell them lies. It usually works

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche1 View Post
    Hi Rocketsocks and Tiquer,
    I gave my serious reply to Rocketsocks in another forum posting today. Now this is my other reply: Avalanche and Gorilla Jim is a laugh out loud book and you guys look like you have a wild enough sense of humor to get a kick out of it. Even Rocketsocks says he's going to buy it, so that has to mean something.

Hope you enjoy it and I want your honest (ok funny) comment after you read it.

Avalanche
    I ordered it from Amazon this evening. Looking forward to it!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

++ New Posts ++