WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Lost dog - after Trail Days

This dog was found wandering around Cowboy's looking for its owner. (Female, no collar, but seemed to be looking for someone.) Contact the Damascus town hall if you have an idea who she belongs to. 276-475-3831, ext. 2. Ask for Tuesday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Local, is there a vet's office or shelter that could check if the pup is micro-chipped ?

The finder is taking the dog to the vet today to check to see if there is a micro-chip. She might end up keeping the dog but would like to find the owner. Unfortunately each year after Trail Days we have several lost dogs wandering around town. My guess is that local area folks bring unwanted dogs to town thinking that with the crowd here someone will take the dog home.

Does the dog have one blue eye? There was a gentleman at the concert on Saturday night that was wearing a red/white/blue Support Southern Rock t-shirt and a pair of white 'flour sack' looking pants. He had a long full gray beard and used a hiking stick as a cane. Several people in the audience spoke to him, so I think he lives locally. His dog was not wearing a halter thought, just a collar, so if this one came with the halter, it's not the same dog.
    Rosie

I just re-read the original post which said No Collar. This could be the same dog. The gentleman was older--I'd say in his mid 60s, wore glasses, had that deep "I work outside" tan. Sorry, I know that could describe alot of people in Damascus. The dog seemed a little scared, but stuck to him pretty close and he was very attentive to the dog. He did say he hadn't had hiim very long, so maybe they got separated.
    Rosie

Rosie, thanks. I've sent your information to the finder (April). We will ask around. You have great observation skills, by the way. And there are at least a couple of people who fit the description you provided.

Thank you. I hope my info helps reunite the dog with it's owne
    Rosie

++ New Posts ++