WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Front Royal - Sharon's Shuttles

We just got back from a six day section hike in the SNP from Simmons Gap to Front Royal. We were shuttled from Front Royal to Simmons Gap by Sharon, whose name we got fro the AT Shuttle Registry. We live in NW Ohio so we were happy to learn that Sharon provided a loft as well as breakfast for hikers she shuttled. We had anticipated very rudimentary facilities, but what we found was amazing. When we arrived on Friday night, we were treated to wine and cheese before a delicious dinner prepared for us and the other hikers that were spending the night. Then we were shown the "loft". The room was clean, carpeted and as nice as any living area one would home to find in any house. Additionally, each hiker was provided with a mattress as well as sheets and pillows. The "loft" also had a bathroom complete with shower and we were once again provided with clean towels. All in all the accommodations were absolutely fantastic and only surpassed by the wonderful hospitality we were afforded by Sharon and her family. Since we had parked our car at Sharon's she picked us up when we had reached the end of our hike and again allowed us to use the shower before heading home on our 500 mile journey. To top it off Sharon baked us cookies for the ride home....

So if anyone needs to be shuttled anywhere on the SNP or as far north as Harper's Ferry I would recommend they contact Sharon. She and her family are wonderful people that make for a great experience.
    "My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, totally worn out, proclaiming: What a Ride!"

Link to the Shuttle List:

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs...m-5-2-2012.pdf

She is listed under Northern Virginia on page 8
    "My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, totally worn out, proclaiming: What a Ride!"

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Sharon shuttled me twice but I never stayed at her place since I live only a few hours away.
    She's very nice, was on time and was reasonably priced.
    Supposedly you can get to her house by an unmarked side trail off the AT.
    I think she told me she either charges a small fee to stay or will let you do a few chores instead.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Yep, I think its expected that you make a donation or do some work. Her husband is an avid hiker and very active in the PATC.

++ New Posts ++