WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default startin sobo sometime in june looking for trail buddy

My name is landon. I'm 33, from colorado. looking to start sometime in june. open on the date if i can find the right trail partner. i had a friend who was on the fence about coming but just had to call it off...

if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to start with someone please pm me.

thanks
    Last edited by HikerRanky; 11-29-2013 at 13:13. Reason: Removal of email addy requested by op

Quote Originally Posted by kmeson View Post
    My name is landon. I'm 33, from colorado. looking to start sometime in june. open on the date if i can find the right trail partner. i had a friend who was on the fence about coming but just had to call it off...

if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to start with someone please pm me.

thanks
    I'm starting June 1st at the latest
    Last edited by HikerRanky; 11-29-2013 at 13:14. Reason: Removal of op's email addy as requested
    "Teufel Hunden"

Hey I'm hoping to start in two weeks I am also looking to find some trail partners.

I am hoping to start sometime in the next few weeks and looking for some trail partner/s.

Looking forward to my SoBo. wteason2's Avatar
    Images

I'm only 18 so I might not be who you're looking for, but plan to hit Katahdin on June 9th.

Default startin sobo sometime in june looking for trail buddy

I'm thinking I will be on the trail for about three months starting June 10th or 11th. I've been skimming the forum for a week or so and my impression is even if you don't have a partner in advance, there will be others to hike with. Maybe plan on staying at a hostel the night before and then you can shuttle into Baxter with some other hikers.

Realize I did it again... Old thread.

Journal Entries
    Images

I'm planning on going in June. I'm in the process of figuring out the best way of getting there from Chicago. I was thinking about taking the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by COPrHead View Post
    I'm planning on going in June. I'm in the process of figuring out the best way of getting there from Chicago. I was thinking about taking the rails.
    Old thread
    Transcend the Bull$hit

Quote Originally Posted by kmeson View Post

thanks
    Landon, if you're starting in June, you will fall in with the right folks for you. Trying to plan to hike the AT with anyone particular might be as fruitless as trying to plan your every mile and every camp stop the length of the AT. You will fall in quickly with the right person/group... enjoy your hike...

Woopsie, apparently I missed the orginal post date on this... still pretty decent advice though... =D

Landon I'm looking to leave from Springer but with time restraints on my bills I may have to leave later and after reading your post I think that SOBO might be best. I'm not promising anything but if you want to swap info we can see what happens. Trust me I only hiked 22 miles and met friends for life only being on the trail for 4 days. If you go alone you will have a great time and won't be alone. Anyways I hope we pass on the Trail my trail name is "Dirt Road". Best of luck

++ New Posts ++