WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    watch + dead reckoning

very useful navigation tool/skill
    Hey Scott,if you would want to elaborate on some of them there forestree skills of navigation,I'm sure many would be interested.The only thing I know how to do with the bezel on my watch is find south.well with the hands anyway.

Working on Forestry Grad schol

I have little to no field expertise--I had some interest at first, but my shoulder is too damaged---I can't really do field work.

I'm more interested in the interactions of humans, economics, value, and natural resource management.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    I have little to no field expertise--I had some interest at first, but my shoulder is too damaged---I can't really do field work.

I'm more interested in the interactions of humans, economics, value, and natural resource management.
    Cool,I appreciate your candor,and just as soon as I can remember how to tell with a watch,I'll post.It's somethin like the big hand on the sun,and then follow the little one half way round,and thats south.But i'm just not sure now.And that's why Icarry a compass.but it is a cool little trick that JAK told me,I'll have ask him again for like the 3rd time, again LOL

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Check this out for the Appalachian Trail.
    http://www.atdist.com/
    This is awesome... I was using the shelter list on WB to calculate. From Hot springs to Damascus there is only like a 3mile difference between the two.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++