WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
    My friend and I met both Socrates and Roots at the Allentown Shelter in PA back on the 21/22nd of May --- We were section hiking SOBO from Lehigh Gap to Port Clinton --- Very cool guys who seemed to be quite determined. I'm glad to hear they're still chugging along. We also met up with Daypack over at the Eckville Shelter. I think he may of ended up taking a zero after meeting up with us but it was certainly for good reason. I'd love to get an update on his progress if anyone knows.
    DayPak posts on http://www.trailjournals.com/ to White Blaze
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 06-14-2012 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    DayPak posts on http://www.trailjournals.com/ to White Blaze
    Thanks but after doing some reading it seems that this is not the same daypak/pack. The one I'm referring to was quite a bit north of where this guy was. Tarzan's journal over there mentions the daypack I met quite a bit. Oh...and thanks for the nice welcome. I find some some of the content on this site fascinating and am very glad to have stumbled upon it. You seem to be a fine contributor and a great ambassador. It's very nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
    Thanks but after doing some reading it seems that this is not the same daypak/pack. The one I'm referring to was quite a bit north of where this guy was. Tarzan's journal over there mentions the daypack I met quite a bit. Oh...and thanks for the nice welcome. I find some some of the content on this site fascinating and am very glad to have stumbled upon it. You seem to be a fine contributor and a great ambassador. It's very nice to meet you!
    Seems that way huh,Actually To barrow a phrase from Gary Blazer "I'm not really a hiker,I just play one on White Blaze"hehehe,nice to meet you too Sampson.Yes it is a great site,a one stop shopping,if you will.When I first came here,I received a very warm welcome,and try to just pass it on.Also was told that everything is here and that all the questions have been asked and answered,and that for the most part is true,on the home page(with a little bit of poking around),there is a tremendous amounts of cumulative knowledge here that is there for the reading,all good stuff,make sure you read the "Hike my hike hike damit" it's a WB favorite.Happy Trails Sampson,see ya up the trail,and as always,HYOH

Secret shelter. Ghetto. Winchester. 270. Hippopotamus. Driving range. Buttpussy.
    With bat, Yappy, Orange, pretzel, JC, tdog.

CF97 > Everything Else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
    Secret shelter. Ghetto. Winchester. 270. Hippopotamus. Driving range. Buttpussy.
    With bat, Yappy, Orange, pretzel, JC, tdog.

^^THIS... GUY!!

I'm hanging out in the DOC hiker lounge in Hanover, NH.
    "... I know it is wrong, but I am for the spirit that makes young men do the things they do. I am for the glory that they know." --Sigurd Olson, Singing Wilderness.

AT '12, LT '13, CT '14, PCT '15

Just finished the trail. #26 at Katahdin. Started March 15th at springer. what a great journey! So many incredible memories.

~Bomber GA-ME 2012
    ------------------------------------
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    ~Robert Frost

Started March 17, got off at Waynesboro May 15. flip flopping July 26! Looking forward to seeing lots of new friends and old ones as well.

Like “Old Hiker” I unfortunately had to leave the trail ( May 17, due to an Afib Heart problem). My trail name was or is Good Penny. I met and hiked with a lot of interesting hikers young and old; Dos, Gumpy & Peeper, Kikker & Tree Cycler, Connect Four, Opie, Parmesan, Bright Flower, Kokapelli, Voltron, Wobbles, Detune, Big and Little Brothers, Kazoo, Bismark & Hopper, Zora, Mouse, Smitter, Damn Yankee, Zip, Spiderman, The Traveling Family, Mr. Wrong, Mr Fantastic, Rocky and Spice, Buddha, Coleman, D-Bag, BJ,TP, Bamboo Bob, Crooked Sticks, Provisions ( he was living in the Chestnut Shelter), Sweet & Low, Teflon, Easy, Sarge, Weaver, SOS, Kookie Monster, Cato, Miss Janet, Baltimore Jack, The Honeymooners, to name but a few of the wonderful people I met along my journey.
    The only time I was concerned was during a Lightning Storm the second day I was on the trail. I was overwhelmed with the generosity and kindness of the church groups and trail magic & I had the time of my life and can’t wait to go back and finish what I started next April , as long as the doctors can fix my ticker. I can’t think of a better or more wonderful adventure than hiking the AT.
    I now know why people return to do over. The worst day was having to admit to myself that the boots I had purchased for this trip didn’t fit and were not going to break in. Bought a new pair of Oboz at the NOC and my feet started to heal and became pain free three days later. One of the best days was doing 10 miles by 10:30 in the morning and still having lots of energy to continue for another 15.
    Heck.. Every Day was a Best Day, rain, shine , snow, hail, it didn’t matter I was outside, moving North.
    To quote Hunter S Thomson.” There was no point in looking back, F____ No, not today thank you, My heart was filled with Joy, I felt like the monster reincarnation of Horatio Algers, a man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.”
    "Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, smoldering and totally worn out, shouting...Holy S*#t...what a ride"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by pyroman9 View Post
    Just finished the trail. #26 at Katahdin. Started March 15th at springer. what a great journey! So many incredible memories.

~Bomber GA-ME 2012

dang dude! I started the 11th and am only at Front Royal. Guess I'm on the 7 month plan. CONGRATS!!!!! Dreaming of kissing that sign several months from now.

~Bomber GA-ME 2012
    Congrats Bomber, maybe think about changing you avatar, hehehe
    Boom Boom....Boom
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-07-2012 at 17:14.

I got my avatar now updated lol thanks
    ~Robert Frost

Looks good man, again congrats on the finish, awesome feat really!

How much trail did you skip?
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Winged. I suppose if you shall ask, i missed .5 miles in SNP... that is about it. O wait I took a blue blaze out of Scotty's hostel.. .so another .2

Other than that I enjoyed all of it. Thank you for the nice post
    ~Robert Frost

Winged. I suppose if you shall ask, i missed .5 miles in SNP... that is about it. O wait I took a blue blaze out of Scotty's hostel.. .so another .2

Other than that I enjoyed all of it. Thank you for the nice post
    Then why did you change your avatar to 2000 miler? That's usually for those that skipped around the trail?

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.

Not sure how that one makes sense... lol but ok.. is this better? lol
    ~Robert Frost

Not sure how that one makes sense... lol but ok.. is this better? lol
    Yep...now you get a patch....I think.

Images

a little on the slow side here, it will be 6 months in a couple of days, but I am having a blast. I just entered New Hampshire and am having a great time in Hanover. Best wishes to all who are out there this year and hope tto see you on the summit prolly on the 14th

Hey there! We're ALL important when we hike the trail, at any distance! My pleasure to meet you "OLD Hiker". I'm 47, and believe me, after my thru hike this year, I feel like it, ha!

Nice to see you again Spools!
    FM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++