WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I plan on starting March 18. 40 year-young male from NC.

Images

feb 12, start here i love the cold

pm me if anyone else is starting around that time
    :clap :datz

Post March 1st, and likely alone...

I haven't spent much time on solitary hikes, and I figure the AT this spring will be a challenge. I do expect to see a lot of other people in the early part, and likely catch up at the shelters, if nothing else.

Looking to work within my means and hike north to the big K. If anyone else is planning a March 1st start, and is in a similar position (that is, without company) I'm certainly interested in a partner.

Default so new

i am so new its not funny.. I don't even know what type of hiking boots to buy.. But I want to hike over thanksgiving.. I don't even know how to make a new post or ask.. I might not even know how to get back to this site.. But I have a passion to start hiking this thing called the AT .. so if anyone is kind enough to induldge me.. please email me.. Penny
    Penny

Journal Entries

Default hiking in '07

You are staring your hike a year earlier then me. I will be starting my thru-hike in the spring of ’07. I plan to have fiends and family hike various sections of the trail with me throughout my thru-hike. The one problem is that some of these friends and family might slow me down a bit, so I will have to plan things well. Maybe by the time I start my hike I will have someone to hike with. I don’t know, but it sure will not stop me.

Default How to get there

Quote Originally Posted by willyhort0w2
    My destination is the big K and how I get there is in the air..
    If you're still not sure on how to get there I perfer walking in between the white blazes.

Michael + Laura Ryan justusryans's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by emsdancer3
    i am so new its not funny.. I don't even know what type of hiking boots to buy.. But I want to hike over thanksgiving.. I don't even know how to make a new post or ask.. I might not even know how to get back to this site.. But I have a passion to start hiking this thing called the AT .. so if anyone is kind enough to induldge me.. please email me.. Penny
    Go to a outfitter, try on all the boots you can, buy the ones that fit you the best.
    "We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us."

Kahlil Gibran

am planning to start April 15th. I am coming alone and would welcome anyone who would like to join.

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

I"m leaving Paoli(malvern) on 3/18 and stepping of on 3/20 I would like to start out with someone....hike at our own place and meet up for camping....let me know!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

I am planning on leaving NOBO on Mar. 19. Looking for partner at least for the beginning.

I plan on leaving on Mar 18 or 19. Hope to see you guys out there. The hiker hostel is a good place to overnight before you start. They will shuttle you to either Amicalola or near Springer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++