WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Jabowman7 - One of the best threads about cool hanging is 101 by Shug on www.hammockforums.net - his videos are fun to watch and offer subtle suggestions on improvement. I like his ideas and I have a PM into him to find the URL for you.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

shug's channel. click videos for the ones you want.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery/videos
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yea he got back really quick here is his answer

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15516
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    i still use the ring buckle system. i made and put whoopies on all my hammocks, but went back to straps. they work in all situations and are easier to adjust with mittens on. i replaced the caribiner with a dutch clip.
    I use the ring buckle system as well, but not in the same way as that described in the link. I have the two descender rings attached to the carabiner by a short piece of cord. After running the tree-hugger strap around the tre, I clip the 'biner to the strap. The original suspension line on my Hennessy hammock is tied to the rings ib a garda hitch, which is super easy to adjust.

When I take my hammock down I always adjust the garda hitch to extend the suspension line to a long length. After taking the tree-hugger off the tree I clip the 'biner onto the strap so the straps can't get left behind.

Keeping the entire suspension clipped together as a single unit means never having to worry about inadvertently leaving a tree strap on the ground when you leave camp. And on the rare occasion when I have to hang from a tree that is too big for the straps to encircle completely, I can easily untie the garda hitch, remove the carabiner and rings, and tie the traditional Hennessy lashing.

I find this system more versatile and more adjustable than whoopie slings, though it is heavier as you have the weight of the rings and carabiners.
    ~~
    Allen "Monkeywrench" Freeman
    NOBO 3-18-09 - 9-27-09
    blog.allenf.com
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++