WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Central/North Va. Sections End of May/Early June

I'm trying to finish Va. this spring or at least by the fall of 2012. I need three sections that are pretty far apart. First, I'm doing a 19 mile section near Pearisburg (Va. 635-Stony Creek to Va. 630-Sinking Creek), then moving up to the James River (US 501 North to Crabtree Farm Rd.-Va. 826), about 40 miles, then, if time allows, moving up to Front Royal and going to the state line or Harpers Ferry, about 54 miles.

I'd like to have some company on any part or all of that. I keep an average pace and do around 10+ miles per day. I'm doing the AT by sections, and have about 1300 miles done (Amicalola to Virginia, and Katahdin south to Zealand Falls in the Whites, plus part of Vermont).
    "Sea Eagle"

Hi Debbie
    I am also hiking the AT in sections, and have done about half, and want to finish VA this spring. I have yet to do Bland [south of Pearisburg] to Waynesboro, which is some of the same area you are doing. I have a flexible schedule so can adapt. I would love to do a piece in April yet, and can go April 20-27 in that time range. Email me [email protected] if you are interested in joining up for part. I do 15 miles a day generally, depending on terrain. First trip in the spring always slower....
    Katie
    Painted Lady

Images

I am from South Fl. and planning to hike in early June for 2 to 3 weeks,let me know if you are still looking for company.

Yes I am. Where were you planning to hike during that time?

Its good to hear from another hiker in S. Florida; there don't seem to be that many of us.
    "Sea Eagle"

Debbie,

I am a mature (over 55) hiker looking to do some moderate secton hiking in the VA/MD/PA. It would be nice to gather a group of mature hikers for some of the areas that you mentioned. I thru-hiked in 2009 and had some of the best times with hikers from the Woodstock Generation. I have a very flexible schedule. Keep me posted on your schedule.

Sondance Kid

Will do. I think that would be fun. I'm not sure yet of my exact dates, but it looks like I'll head up the last week in May. I'll pm you when I figure out my exact schedule. Congratulations on your thru-hike.
    "Sea Eagle"

Images

Yea,I know work season as chef on Palm Beach Island,gon na be in Harpers Ferry first week of June

Images

I'm starting May 19th with my first full hiking day on the 20th and heading north to Waynesboro so maybe I'll bump into you all. Haven't decided yet whether this will be a seven or eight day hike. A lot will depend on how the first 3,000 foot climb feels.

Where are you starting from?
    "Sea Eagle"

I am planning on hiking somewhere on the Virginia AT this weekend. Originally, I was going to hike in the Shenandoah's, but my partner is ill. I have not hiked the area around Front Royal yet. I have hiked just south of there. Are you going NOBO? I would only be able to hike for about 3 days with you. I am not fast, just steady. I like to only hike 10 to 12 miles per day. Let me know. Thanks.

Michelle K
    [email protected]

I am planning on hiking in the Shenandoah National Park first week in June. I have no real plans and I am pretty flexible. If anyone is looking for a hiking partner let me know maybe we can work something out ...I wish I would have thought of using this earlier.

++ New Posts ++