Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    I thru-hiked the PCT in my sleep last night. Woke up totally rested. What do I win?
    ================================================
    That's a good one. Man ...if I could only get credit for all the miles hiked in my sleep !!

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Images

Good luck to this guy. I would not want to be him. Over the last two weeks I hiked the southern half of the JMT. I was hiking around 18 miles a day, and it kicked my butt. The climbs are huge and I was hailed on twice crossing Pinchot and Muir Passes. It was definitely a challenge.

Does anyone know if this record will be noted as supported? Just seems they should have a supported record time and unsupported as well...

Congratulations Horton. I figured you'd beat Wall with your skills and amazing support people. Wall's trip still amazes me that he went without cooking food and often resupplied himself from candy bar machines.
    But your beating his time by 15+ days is amazing also. Especially in a high snow year. I was wondering why you didn't wait a little longer to start and let the snow melt a little.
    What's next? CO trail? AZ trail? I think the Annapurna circuit in Nepal could be done in about 4 days if you were acclimated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++