WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Section Hike PA in MAY > need hiking partner(s)

I will be section hiking PA in May >>

I need to complete from Pine Grove Furnace state park to Delaware water Gap but I am flexible with
    shorter/longer sections

Would like to complete the state by 1 June
    If interested in hiking along please PM me

Old Man River
    "the legs feed the wolf gentlemen, the legs feed the wolf" from the movie "Miracle"

Journal Entries

River give men's shout if you can't put something together I might be interested in DWG/501 hike but I can't in May as I am tied up that month. I could spring out in April though. I'd live to do some non snow hiking with ya.

Take care buddy!
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Images

I'll do some with ya. Going to hike the whole AT PA section starting May 31 with a friend in 12 days. Wouldn't mind doing some southern section hiking twice. Also, are you doing a car shuttling?

Take this Bread

Sounds like the snow fall has been minimal this year ..but I'm not taking any chances after we found 4 feet in Maine last May ..I can't start in April but I know you will be out there somewhere....
    OM River
    "the legs feed the wolf gentlemen, the legs feed the wolf" from the movie "Miracle"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    I'll do some with ya. Going to hike the whole AT PA section starting May 31 with a friend in 12 days. Wouldn't mind doing some southern section hiking twice. Also, are you doing a car shuttling?
    Bloomer ... I sent you a PM ....yes I will have my car .... maybe we could park a car at each end and do some good warm up hiking for your upcoming RUN across PA

Old Man River (TEXMAN on WB)

Default Hiking PA in May

Quote Originally Posted by TEXMAN View Post
    I will be section hiking PA in May >>

I need to complete from Pine Grove Furnace state park to Delaware water Gap but I am flexible with
    shorter/longer sections

Would like to complete the state by 1 June
    If interested in hiking along please PM me

Old Man River
    Have you firm plans yet? I'm 64 years old and did some hiking on the trail last year in VA. Might be interested in joining you for a few weeks. I too have a car available. Live in NJ. Let me know.

[QUOTE=Transition Bob;1273085]Have you firm plans yet? I'm 64 years old and did some hiking on the trail last year in VA. Might be interested in joining you for a few weeks. I too have a car available. Live in NJ. Let me know.[/QUOTE

Transition Bob,

Sounds like we should be able to get together >> I plan on starting about the 5th of May and hiking until 1 June

I'll send you a PM

Old Man River ( alias Texman)

Images

I'm still in TEXMAN!!! I have to get my legs ready to do big mile days in the rocks. After the PA sections I will be heading up to the Susquehannock Trail for 6 days. If your intrested let me know..

Could meet you in Duncannon, but can't stay out long enough to get to DWG this time. How many miles a day? Slack or full pack?
    65 yr old, fit, 16 yr. section hiker, male, Stoneface

I'm planning on a short section this week (Thurs. - Sun.) from Port Clinton to Palmerton (or vice-versa).

Is anyone available to hike and/or shuttle? I'll be slow, as I'm recovering from a VERY sedentary winter.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Starck View Post
    Could meet you in Duncannon, but can't stay out long enough to get to DWG this time. How many miles a day? Slack or full pack?
    65 yr old, fit, 16 yr. section hiker, male, Stoneface
    Andy >>
    I am hiking with Bloomer from Pine Grove Furnace SP tp Swatara Gap ..should be at Swatara Gap on the 11th of May .....heading north from there .... if you want to hike in that direction for a few days send me a PM ..
    thanks
    Old Man River ( TEXMAN on white Blaze)

Section Hiker Ga-Pa '98 Doc, The Singer's Avatar

Just to add my availability to this thread, I'm looking to be on trail May 21-26 and take on any section between Port Clinton and DWG. I'll have my car with me, too. If others are out in that area it would be great to work some car sharing/shuttling.
    Doc, the Singer

Images

Doc it could be in your best intrest to work things out with TEXMAN so you both can help each other with shuttles in the Northern sections.

++ New Posts ++