WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Work in ME post-thru Hike

Has anyone had luck finding work in ME post hike? I'm planning on finishing late July and would like to spend an extra few months up there, if I'm able to find employment. It's too late for the normal seasonal gigs, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear em.

There is actually a bit of demand for folks to work in the tourist industry during leaf season from September to October as a lot of the college kids and high school kids have gone back to school. Most of the toursts head to the coast or thw White mountains so thats where the jobs are.

Images

Pulling lobster traps, not sure exactly what the season is though.

Check with AMC at Pinkham Notch on your way thru. They havea couple of wilderness lodges close to Gulf Hagas and the AT. You could summit Katahdin and walk back to start work...
    "Take another road to another place,disappear without a trace..." --Jimmy Buffet

McDonalds in Millinocket, there are a bunch of sporting camps/ campgrounds near Baxter state park, Chewonkii campground on the west branch near abol bridge! Whitewater Rafting should still be going on.

Images

There might be something available through Maine Conservation Corps. They seem to have folks starting at various times.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

++ New Posts ++