WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Friends of Shenandoah Mountain.com

I'd like to invite any who are interested to check out the above website which details proposal to further protect over 68,000 acres in Va with National Scenic or Wilderness designation. Great Eastern Trail runs through some of it ,and some is in the AT viewshed.

Quote Originally Posted by scudder View Post
    I'd like to invite any who are interested to check out the above website which details proposal to further protect over 68,000 acres in Va with National Scenic or Wilderness designation. Great Eastern Trail runs through some of it ,and some is in the AT viewshed.
    Good info but it's .org

http://www.friendsofshenandoahmountain.org/
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Here's the live link - note that it's .org, not .com

http://friendsofshenandoahmountain.org/

And thanks for pointing out like some of us do that (1) there is a Shenandoah Mountain which BTW is not on the AT and (2) it's not part of Shenandoah National Park where there's no such thing as "the Shennies" or "the Shenandoahs" as so many seem to think.

Of course the AT does go over Shenandoah Mountain...that is, Shenandoah Mountain in NY (east of the Hudson not far south of Pawling).

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. If mods could correct it I'd be most grateful!

++ New Posts ++