WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a section hiker in Georgia to leave, well, anytime.

I'm new to the site. I'm 58 y.o., married and the father of 2 teenage daughters. I'm approx. 15 minutes from Spring and primarily hike alone when I'm not hiking with my 16 y.o. I'm retired ( early) and am flexible as far as hiking weekdays or weekend. It's always good to meet different people to hike with. Looking forward to meeting some of you .......

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm 64 y/o, early retired from Israel. I'd like to start the trail from Springer Mt. around end of April / early May and looking for a partner for at least the first week (would be happy for more...) Been trekking in Israel, Nepal, Albania & Norway recently, and the Appalachian trail is the next big thing. Please contact me if that sounds suitable...

Thanks,
    Itzhak

Images

Hi Mike,Im looking to start the trail at springer somewhwere between the 15 of april and the 1st of may,so if your planning on some hikin around that time feel free to get in touch
    We can stop here,or we can keeep going...

Mike, Do you take-in strangers who start and get "weathered-off" the trail? *lol* I'm starting northbound from FSR 42 the morning of 28 Feb... Glen

Quote Originally Posted by gazerstar View Post
    Mike, Do you take-in strangers who start and get "weathered-off" the trail? *lol* I'm starting northbound from FSR 42 the morning of 28 Feb... Glen
    Ha ! Yeah, I'll take in a stay ! lol Sent you a p.m, Glen

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Hi Mike,Im looking to start the trail at springer somewhwere between the 15 of april and the 1st of may,so if your planning on some hikin around that time feel free to get in touch
    Xcess, with a little "heads up" on the time frame, I'll be able to work that out. Check you mailbox for my contact info.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger View Post
    Hi Mike,

I'm 64 y/o, early retired from Israel. I'd like to start the trail from Springer Mt. around end of April / early May and looking for a partner for at least the first week (would be happy for more...) Been trekking in Israel, Nepal, Albania & Norway recently, and the Appalachian trail is the next big thing. Please contact me if that sounds suitable...

Thanks,
    Itzhak
    Itzhak, Sent you a msg.

MIke

What kind of sections you talking about? I may be interested!

Ken
    Don't Die Before You've Had A Chance To Live!

I would be interested in doing some sections on the AT. Let me know.

Hi Mike,

I hike from Amicalola to Dick's Creek each year to meet hikers and perhaps be of some help as to water locations, good camping sites etc...and in general what's up ahead. I'm 64 and hike @7-12 miles per day. This year I'll be leaving from Amicalola on March 27th. Of course, if I were hiking with someone we could leave one car at Dick's Creek and the other at the Springer Mtn. parking lot, and avoid the Approach Trail altogether. I do the Approach Trail each year because its easier for my wife to drop me off there. If you are interested, pm me here or call me at 770-841-3185.

Images

I'm planning to do Springer to Deep Gap April 8th to 16th. Should be about 7-12 miles/day. If you are interested in hiking together let me know... Greig

Hi, I'm looking to hike wih someone starting in Georgia. My 11 year old son and I have never packed in , but would like to start. I can only do it on weekends due to work and his school. Would your daughter be going? Lesley

++ New Posts ++