WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

:banana Anyone starting March 12?

I will be starting my thru on March 12, anyone else starting that date. I will be hiking the approach with the wife on the 11th and staying at Len Foote.

I am starting on the 12th and doing the approach, Im sure I'll run into you at some point.

Default Leaving March 11ish

I will be driving up from Orlando to Springer March 11. Planning on arriving at night, then probably starting March 12. Not doing approach tho, did it once already, and thats enough for me. Just gonna take the small hike up Springer, then head back north.

I plan to begin March 12th as well, though it may be a bit later in the day before I arrive.

Starting March 2 at Springer...moved the dates up a month

Hmmmm......... ya'll ever check the 2012 thru hiker registry page ?

http://whiteblaze.net/index_cmps.php...2012thruhikers

Every day Spokes! ;-)
    Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

Hm Hike Inn, Looked at that 100bucks for one last cushy bed and hot meal?well think im waking up ontop of Springer instead.For free! lol
    Starting April 6th. Start later or go real slow might see yall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    Hmmmm......... ya'll ever check the 2012 thru hiker registry page ?

http://whiteblaze.net/index_cmps.php...2012thruhikers
    Yep, sure have, Tell me if I am wrong but the registry gives a window. I'm looking for a simple way to see who starts the same day I do. Many hikers have changed their date since they started the registry. I have been trying to get my information updated. Not successful yet but I am sure the moderator has been very busy. Soooo, there. Just say'n.. Thanks for the info though!!

Quote Originally Posted by seasparrow View Post
    Hm Hike Inn, Looked at that 100bucks for one last cushy bed and hot meal?well think im waking up ontop of Springer instead.For free! lol
    Starting April 6th. Start later or go real slow might see yall.
    Good luck on your hike. See ya up there. The wife looking forward to Len Foote

Images

I have a cabin with my family on the 11th and will be starting the approach trail on the 12th.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Lee View Post
    Every day Spokes! ;-)
    Nice to know that someone is checking the spreadsheet. Everytime someone starts this type of thread I wonder . . . (and Thanks Spokes for providing the link.)

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

how to hike

A happy and healthy hike to you, swamprat. Cheers...Monk

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I will be starting my thru on March 12, anyone else starting that date. I will be hiking the approach with the wife on the 11th and staying at Len Foote.
    Yes. Starting March 12 from springer. Approach on the 11th.

Staying at the lodge the 11th, starting the approach the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Yep, sure have, Tell me if I am wrong but the registry gives a window. I'm looking for a simple way to see who starts the same day I do. Many hikers have changed their date since they started the registry. I have been trying to get my information updated. Not successful yet but I am sure the moderator has been very busy. Soooo, there. Just say'n.. Thanks for the info though!!
    Your wrong, you should be looking at all 200 pages of the 2012 thru-hike class and picking out the ones starting on march 12th. HAHAHA.

Journal Entries
    Images

hmmm evidently some OJT is necessary here. You don't need to reread through the thread, there is an actual spreadsheet and Spokes provided the proper link to it. I update the spreadsheet from the '2012 Thru Hike Registry' thread or a PM usually every day and then upload it. I don't update the spreadsheet from individual threads like this one. If I've made any errors or omissions you need to let me know so that I can update. I usually change the 'recent updates' every Wed.

If you wish to see who is starting near when you plan to, you need to click on the 'user name' under the appropriate date column. Currently, there are 38 hikers starting between 8-14 Mar. Yes, unless you have kept up with the 'recent updates' it'll take a few minutes. But, then you can send some PM's to those starting when you plan to. Pretty simple.

Now, swamprat (formerly Skinose, I think) you have not informed me of your 'user name' change so I have not updated that yet. Your start date has been updated however.

Once again, Good Luck and Have Fun everyone!

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Quote Originally Posted by TOMP View Post
    Your wrong, you should be looking at all 200 pages of the 2012 thru-hike class and picking out the ones starting on march 12th. HAHAHA.
    If not obvious this is a joke, and intended to be humorous; not actual advice. (Disclaimer: this user has a rampant history of make jokes, puns, plays on words, double and triple entendres, and general Tom foolery (this is a an also an example of a double entendre afore mentioned since the users name is Tom). Do not allow yourself to be duped)

Quote Originally Posted by TOMP View Post
    Yea, yea, You got me!! Dadgumit !! Scrolled down further and found the specific dates. Was wondering when I would get called out!!

:banana Yea yea registry got it. MARCH 12th!

Hell yes me and two other friends starting on the 12th. Well be the good looking guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++