WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hello fellow white blazers. This is Lisa Rainwater. First I want to thank everyone who supports us in our dream and others dreams.......and I'm not talking monitarily. We all have dreams in this life and we are promoting that people can live their dreams and we hope that by others seeing what we are doing to live our dream that it will inspire them to live theirs as well. I do not agree with how we are being portrayed but that is because I know who we are and what we stand for as a family, whereas, by the hurtful and negative comments are obviously being made by people who do not know us and do not know that the request for sponsorship idea was thought of by one of our dear friends who said they wanted to "help" us achieve our dream but knew that the gear we would need was very specific and they couldn't run out to Walmart and purchase it for us as a gift. I thought it was a creative idea. It was set up for people who love us, not as a gimick, or a scam which should be apparent to those that have been on our website. We are paying for 99% of this adventure out of our own pocket with funds we have saved. As far as riping our gear list apart, have at it.......we sure have and I'm sure we'll continue to until the day we leave. We've picked gear that we feel will work best for us and that may not be what works best for your adventure. Happy trails fellow hikers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I get to about 9 minutes
    and then without fail this pops into my head. I can't shake it.

Attachment 14979
    Well there's no shame in that. I'm sure there are alot of other clubs you might be able to join.

Quote Originally Posted by lrainwater View Post
    Hello fellow white blazers. This is Lisa Rainwater. First I want to thank everyone who supports us in our dream and others dreams.......and I'm not talking monitarily. We all have dreams in this life and we are promoting that people can live their dreams and we hope that by others seeing what we are doing to live our dream that it will inspire them to live theirs as well. I do not agree with how we are being portrayed but that is because I know who we are and what we stand for as a family, whereas, by the hurtful and negative comments are obviously being made by people who do not know us and do not know that the request for sponsorship idea was thought of by one of our dear friends who said they wanted to "help" us achieve our dream but knew that the gear we would need was very specific and they couldn't run out to Walmart and purchase it for us as a gift. I thought it was a creative idea. It was set up for people who love us, not as a gimick, or a scam which should be apparent to those that have been on our website. We are paying for 99% of this adventure out of our own pocket with funds we have saved. As far as riping our gear list apart, have at it.......we sure have and I'm sure we'll continue to until the day we leave. We've picked gear that we feel will wor, best for us and that may not be what works best for your adventure. Happy trails fellow hikers.
    Welcome to White Blaze. lol
    Sweet family you have there. Enjoy your hike, and thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa,
    I apologize to you and your family. I made an assumption and we all know the rest of the phrase. Good luck with your adventure.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by lrainwater:1243255
    Hello fellow white blazers. This is Lisa Rainwater. First I want to thank everyone who supports us in our dream and others dreams.......and I'm not talking monitarily. We all have dreams in this life and we are promoting that people can live their dreams and we hope that by others seeing what we are doing to live our dream that it will inspire them to live theirs as well. I do not agree with how we are being portrayed but that is because I know who we are and what we stand for as a family, whereas, by the hurtful and negative comments are obviously being made by people who do not know us and do not know that the request for sponsorship idea was thought of by one of our dear friends who said they wanted to "help" us achieve our dream but knew that the gear we would need was very specific and they couldn't run out to Walmart and purchase it for us as a gift. I thought it was a creative idea. It was set up for people who love us, not as a gimick, or a scam which should be apparent to those that have been on our website. We are paying for 99% of this adventure out of our own pocket with funds we have saved. As far as riping our gear list apart, have at it.......we sure have and I'm sure we'll continue to until the day we leave. We've picked gear that we feel will work best for us and that may not be what works best for your adventure. Happy trails fellow hikers.

Images

I would like to be impressed. Why not try for a 45 day unsupported hike. Get that done and give you a round of applause!!!

Other than that if anyone wants go give their money away then more power to them.
    ---Where ever you go
    There you are---

Images

OK. Daddy Rainwater say's they will spend $30,000. Mama Rainwater says they will spend $29,700 ($30,000 x .99) out of their own pocket. So they are short $300. I say if they make it to Abol Bridge, which is about 99% of the trail, they can call (800)555-HELP and we'll see they get the funds needed to hike the last 20 miles.

Good luck on your hike.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I'll do it for $4.99.
    The family sounds creatively similar to River, Mariposa, Summer, Rain, Joaquin & River.

Hey Buzz, can I get a discount off the $4.99 to critique my gear list?
    Backpack
    Shelter
    Clothing
    Food
    (And a lightweight piece o’ sumpin’ in my pocket.)

Gear list with pictures is in the works. As far as tearing it apart, like my wife said, we already do over and over again! We have 2 children so our list will be unique and most of our gear is tailored to the group "system" so may not make sense to some. We are making our "system" so that we have 2 complete sets of everything, so in the rare case we have to we could temporarily make 2 groups.
    We are excited to hit the trail soon, and based on some positive comments and PM's I know we will meet some great people on the trail and hopefully make some lifelong friends and memories. When we pass Abol bridge I hope we can get a cell signal Jesse!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by drainwater View Post
    When we pass Abol bridge I hope we can get a cell signal Jesse!
    I hope you get there and go straight up Katahdin and get some nice family photos. Good Luck. Enjoy.

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

Looks like this hike came to an end yesterday after 350 miles.

As much fun as walking in the rain, sleet, hail, snow, wind, and at times hypothermic conditions we, as a family, have decided that we have all had a great time and are happy with our 350+ mile hike on the Appalachian Trail and feel complete with the experience. We are going to spend the next leg of our adventure traveling the US to some places we have always wanted to visit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainh...E/180547586481

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++