WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default a ridiculous question but...

I want to do a 500 mile or so hike starting in mid-to late May. Does the BMT go around the SMNP or skirt it to the east? Would like to bring my dog so I am looking at hikes in the south that avoid the Smokies. If I can bypass the Smolies on the BMT and end up around Damascus that would be great. Need to know so I can decide to order the BMT guide or not. As always, any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated. If I can't work around the Smokies with my dog I may go up to Va. and sobo to Hot Springs.

The BMT uses trails within the dog free SMNP from. There is no way around it.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    The BMT uses trails within the dog free SMNP from. There is no way around it.
    Something lost in the Auto-save: The BMT uses trails within the dog free GSMNP from the Cheoah River to Davenport Gap. There is no way around it on hiking trails. http://www.bmta.org/OverviewMap.htm
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

++ New Posts ++