WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I've always used a plastic flask you can get at any Walmart in their camping section. Comes with a one ounce jigger on top and very lightweight. I've had alcohol stored in it now since 2009 and no deterioration. Not sure why I would need a 'backup' one ounce of alcohol. Maybe if you were using it for an emergency bag in your car, but I don't see an application for backpacking here.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I keep my stove alcohol in an emptied (and cleaned) camp suds bottle. I've had some in it more or less continuously since summer 2006. The bottle isn't showing any effects from the alcohol.

-FA

Just another reason to use a solid fuel burning stove. I use a modified titanium sierra zip (burns wood, as well as other items). TSA has never given me a problem when flying with it, unlike my old MSR petrol burner and its fuel.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Iv'e been using nose spray bottles,they work good for atomizing spray, that'll scare the heck out of ya in to mourning if you not ready for it and prime and lite at the same time
    Great for getting those hard to get nose hairs!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++