Images

Question Best ladies' camp shoes

Looking for lightweight camp shoes. I've been thinking about Teva sandals, but I'd appreciate any suggestions that are not crocs.
    Selena T.
    "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." -His Holiness Dalai Lama

Images

These aren't so light, but I LOVE my chacos. The arch feels amazing on my feet after a long day of hiking. It sort of "resets" my feet.

i've been using a pair of acorn fleece mocs for years. washer safe, take a good beating, decently light.
    now i'm looking for a good pair of down booties for winter.

I carry Saucony Hattori Barefoot shoes! They're extremely comfortable and light weight. A pair weighs about 6 or 7 oz. I sometimes hike in them in the summer, but they're not warm enough for winter hiking!

Images

I don't know if you're looking for a camp shoe on a thru hike but if so, you'll end up ditching them soon.. You'll want to keep your weight down and teva's, and especially chaco's are really heavy in terms of a pack, if you're really against crocs, you might want to consider some cheap flip-flops, I personally don't mind being barefoot, I looked at the acorn shoes and I couldn't find a weight but I also feel like the Saucony are very heavy!

i loved rangeley! but i don't live there.
    Images

have you thought about simply hiking in tevas? my trail runners wore out around boiling springs, pa and i replaced them with a pair of keens that looked an awful lot like tevas. i loved them! i didn't have to take them off to wade through water, they dried relatively quickly, and my feet didn't get as hot in them. they were comfortable to hike in as well, but i don't think they gave a ton of support for consecutive big mile days (20+), but maybe that was just my foot.

there was nothing more satisfying when i got to all the river crossings in maine, knowing that i didn't have to take my shoes off for them.

just wondering, but why are you so against crocs? i loved mine as camp shoes.
    "i ain't got a dime
    but what i got is mine
    i ain't rich,
    but Lord, i'm free."

Images

Thanks for all the advice ladies! Stonedflea, I have considered hiking in TEVAs, for short spurts at least. You're not the first to tell me they work for that, which is why I'm leaning toward them. Many people have also told me they loved their crocs. Not sure what it is about those shoes- I just can't make myself hop on the crocs movement!
    Selena T.
    "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." -His Holiness Dalai Lama

Journal Entries

I gave my lovely lady some "Bob's Earth Day" shoes recently. She really likes them. http://www.skechers.com/style/37753/bobs-earth-day/nat

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJackson View Post
    I gave my lovely lady some "Bob's Earth Day" shoes recently. She really likes them. http://www.skechers.com/style/37753/bobs-earth-day/nat
    I forgot to mention that they are very light. In fact I think they float.

Those are nice shoes, but I think they would get destroyed after a week or two on the trail due to the fabric getting dirty and wet in camp. And I don't think they would work very well for water crossings.

I have been using the same pair of Crocs since they first came on the market many years ago. The soles are just about worn out. My next pair will be the knock-off version of the crocs. I think you can get them at drug stores, like CVS.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

I got some Waldies (about 7 oz per pair size 8) http://www.waldies.net/Waldies_Aruba...m?1=1&CartID=0. They're more expensive than a cheap Wal-mart sandal, but they seem sturdy and really comfortable. I plan on thru-hiking with them!

I love my Reefs. I also have some warm booties for in the tent/shelter camp shoes. When it rains and it is warm enough, I will hike in my Keens.
    PinkRaven

++ New Posts ++