WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default What's New? and Today's Posts buttons

Are both buttons needed? "What's New" shows all post with a date and also with TODAY. All of my post go into Todays Post forums like line I've been sidelined or something. Just wondering.....
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

What's New shows everything since you last marked the forums as read. If you don't check in every day, you might have several days' worth of posts. Today's Posts only shows the posts since midnight. Sometimes I don't check the forum for a week or more. If I have time, I'll want to check out all the posts since I last looked. If I just want to read whatever's current, I'll read today's posts.

I hear what you're saying but it says right beside the time and date of the post that it was posted TODAY". Anything past that I just don't bother with. Somebody pissed in my cereral today I guess.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

Default photos

I'm having trouble telling someone not familiar with the site how to find my photos. how do you search for photos by the name of a particular hiker?

thanks,

Loretta

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    I'm having trouble telling someone not familiar with the site how to find my photos. how do you search for photos by the name of a particular hiker?

thanks,

Loretta
    The easiast way I know of is join WB if you haven't done so, go to the members directory, find "Loretta," click on it, and Loretta's profile comes up with her photos. Click on any photo. Then on the left side, there's an option "view Loretta's Gallery" or words to that effect; click it and you're there.

If you're not a WB member and don't wish to sign up, you can find Loretta's full gallery after you've found 1 picture by Loretta. So if your friend knows that you have a photo in the "Trail and Blazes in Georgia" for example, he/she can browse that category until they find it, click on it, and then follow the link to Loretta's full gallery.

Maybe there are other ways but the above should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    .... Then on the left side, there's an option "view Loretta's Gallery" or words to that effect; click it and you're there...
    It actually reads "view all of Loretta's images"

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post

thanks,

Loretta
    Go to the Gallery page http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/index.php
    Then hit the "search"; type in your screen name (Loretta) in the box and hit enter. Then they can select "View all of Loretta's images"

BTW, they don't have to be a member, but the search function does work a little different for a member, but still works for non-members.

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    BTW, they don't have to be a member, but the search function does work a little different for a member, but still works for non-members.
    Actually, if they put your screen name in the "User Name" box on this page http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/search.php it goes directly to your gallery. However, if you put your name in the "Keyword(s)" box it only takes you to one of your pics and from there you'd have to hit the "View all of Loretta's images" funtion.

Journal Entries
    Images

If you click on Today's Posts you will get a list of all the threads that have new posts in them that were posted in today.
    If you click on Whats New you will get a list of all threads with new posts in them that you have not read yet.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default what's new for iphone app

How do I navigate to what's new on my iphone app? I know how to access what's new on the full site but I can't seem to find it on the app. Thanks for your help

Journal Entries
    Images

There is currently no buttons in the iPhone and Android apps for the What's New.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++