WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I am pretty sure he is quite aware of what Maine in the rain is all about.

Even if we ain't got a plain.

Bamboo, it's just a personal challenge. I am a mountain runner who loves the AT. Maine and NH being very difficult intrigues me to see how fast I can go this distance. My specialty is technical terrain, and Maine and NH are the standard to what technical terrain is. Most of my friends out west have no idea how hard the AT is. I do know, so I like the challenge of it. Many folks on Whiteblaze can offer very valuable advice, so I seek that if I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    Oh God. How I hate this record stuff. I know it will only get worse but I dearly wish it would stop and go away.

It would be perfect to have a canoe at the Kennebec. I thought of that, and if I can arrange it, I"ll do it for sure. Not sure if I know anyone who can do that though, at least from Maine or NH. We'll see if I give it a go, still not sure yet, I have a few races I want to run, and it will interfere with this some, especially with timing. It might even happen in early August after I put on my own Speedgoat 50k. Hopefully it won't rain 10" in a week like last time. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    You won't get any rest in a shelter with other hikers there. Consider carrying and throwing down a ul bivy (mine is an old tent floor with no-see-um netting, with a painter's drop cloth 'rain fly') for naps and siestas. Two or three two hour naps a day should keep you going. It's just six days. Food caches mean no rendezvous to coordinate. Think about having someone standing by at the Kennebec with a canoe or two person kayak - why be tied to and/or doomed by the ferry schedule? Your goal certainly sounds like something a trail-centric athlete could accomplish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++