WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Female Hiking Partners

I am looking to start from Springer in late March and hike to Erwin, Tn. Will spend 1-2 months each year until the trail is done.
    My plan is to start with 7-12 miles working up to 15 miles on some days. Would love to talk w/ other women interested in a bit of
    companionship.

Curious....if your only going for one to two months why not start a bit later when the weather will be better and you'll be able to carry less gear?

Sounds like you plan on section hiking, I hope to thru hike, I would like to hike with you but expect section hikers tend to be in better shape off the bat, while thru hikers get in shape as they go, and the time frame is different, what do you think? we could at least talk gear
    The mind can go in a thousand directions,
    But on this beautiful path, I walk in peace.
    With each step a gentle wind blows.
    -Thich Nhat Hanh

I cant get down to Springer this year, but if theres any sections in VA you want to do with company I'd definatley be interested in hooking up for a few days camping! Im near Fredericksburg. PM me if you're interested. Thanks :-)

I'm looking at doing a section hike around March 10. Your mileage sounds good to me. I do a lot of short hikes through the Shawnee National Forest - up and down hills for about 5 miles or so, but nothing really long. I'm starting at Springer, but only planned on getting through GA, maybe I could do more. Interested?

Hi,
    In future years I do plan to start later, but this year April is when I have a big block of time available!
    Zorra

Hi Get wayaway,
    I can't start until 3/27. Wish I could join you earlier. We should talk more if you want to start later.
    Zorra

I am hiking in Virginia in sections. I have about 170 miles done, but have some big gaps. Would love to hike with you as your milage fits my liking. [email protected]

++ New Posts ++