WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Rideshare PA to ATL late Feb?

Hello there hikers,

I am looking to start at thru-hike on leap year day (Feb. 29) and was wondering if anyone was heading to Georgia from the Northeast around that time. It would be fun to meet fellow hikers and I'd be happy to chip in for gas.

Best,
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by eflynn View Post
    Hello there hikers,

I am looking to start at thru-hike on leap year day (Feb. 29) and was wondering if anyone was heading to Georgia from the Northeast around that time. It would be fun to meet fellow hikers and I'd be happy to chip in for gas.

Best,
    Emily
    Yes, I was planning to start at the water gap and just see how far i go. Are you leaving at or near the gap too?

My son, 21 year old College Senior and Eagle Scout is considering a fast paced hike with good support (me) so that he can get to summer school in CT by June, take a month of summer school, and then continue on to Katahdin by 1 Sept. We are arranging good logistics support at all road crossings so he can keep up speed without having to carry more than a day or so of supplies. He will be carrying a ham radio tracker so that we can also map the coverage of the ham radio GPS tracking system called APRS. hence, the good support by other ham operators all along the way. See web page: http://aprs.org/at.html

++ New Posts ++