WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default NOBO Thru-Hiker Looking for the same

I'm 19 years old and plan on starting my AT journey on the 12th of March (just so happens to be my 20th birthday). I am an Eagle Scout and I really know my way around in the woods. I'll be accumulating new gear over the winter, and working on conditioning during that time as well. My original partner was in a bad motorcycle wreck and really messed his knee up, and needless to say cannot thru-hike the AT with me now. I live in Tennessee, so someone who lives close enough to do a couple of practice hikes would be desired.

Hey, have you found anyone yet? I'm sorry about your friend, that sounds like a real bummer, I hope he gets better soon. I'm 21, and I live in Virginia, but I've been looking for someone to thru-hike with to leave in mid-March for a while now. I'm also an Eagle Scout, and freaking love being outside.

- Matt

hi! the girl i was planning on starting with around march 5 bailed for an april 5 start so if youre still looking to start with someone, hit me up. i've got all my gear and been training so i'm good to go and not pushing my date back!

My son, 21 year old College Senior and Eagle Scout is considering a fast paced hike with good support (me) so that he can get to summer school in CT by June, take a month of summer school, and then continue on to Katahdin by 1 Sept. We are arranging good logistics support at all road crossings so he can keep up speed without having to carry more than a day or so of supplies. He will be carrying a ham radio tracker so that we can also map the coverage of the ham radio GPS tracking system called APRS. hence, the good support by other ham operators all along the way. See web page: http://aprs.org/at.html

++ New Posts ++