WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Images

I happened to be hiking in the Big South Fork, to Charit Creek Lodge, this weekend, when I saw a Sheltowee Trace diamond blaze far south and east of the southern terminus in Pickett State Park, where I had started the ST last year. The folks at the Charit Creek Lodge knew nothing about the blaze, except it was very new. When I called Traildust the next day, I discovered that I had totally missed the posted comment about the Sheltowee being extended well south into Tennessee now. WOW! Cool!

The southern terminus is no longer in Pickett State Park, though I understand that is now a spur that still exists. The new southern terminus is 25 miles further south, now temporarily at the Leatherwood Ford Bridge. I also understand a new National Geographic map of the BSF is coming out this year, with the extension marked. All good news.

Here are some links:
    http://www.sheltoweetrace.org/Planne...l_Changes.html
    http://www.sheltoweetrace.org/
    You'll have to scroll down on that second one.

Anyway, hope I'm not butting in, but it seems to be public information now, so am sharing news that I had missed.

Thanks to Traildust, Cookerhiker, and the rest, who made this happen. A new trail in Tennessee for my To Do list.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

that was changed last month, get with the program
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++