WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    It's probably been mentioned in other threads, but the search function seems very ornery. I had no trouble using it on the old site, but I can't make it work now.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I do not understand why a few people are having problems with the search option. Nothing has really changed. You type the word or phrase you want to search for and click Search. If you want it to be specific to that phrase then you put it in quotes like this "search for dogs".

Example. White box on the header. I type pad. Gives me no results.
    Adv search. I type pad. Gives me no results.

So I am missing something simple, or it doesn't like me.

Troll - I'd love a +1, thumbs-up, like, or thanks option for a post. There are many incredibly useful posts or creative posts that it would be nice to pass that acknowledgement on without having to add another post.

@Mudhead - I believe you need to have at least 4 letters. Try this option to search a specific website instead. Go to google.com and type in:
    site:whiteblaze.net pad

Journal Entries
    Images

Nean

I am not sure if this will help you. If you are at the last post in a thread or on a page, you do not have to scroll all the way to the top or to the bottom right corner. If you look just below the last thread on the page to the bottom right there is a button titled "++ New Posts ++". It is right under the "+ Reply to Thread" button. This will bring you to all the New Posts that have been posted since you last logged onto the web site. I am not sure if this will work for you in the mean time.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I was not referring to the moderators and the admin staff when I asked this question. I was referring to the software end of things.
    Rick, when you're open to some other feedback, maybe privately, let me know.
    As far as the software goes I don't know much about that but I enjoy WB.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    Same.
    Example. White box on the header. I type pad. Gives me no results.
    Adv search. I type pad. Gives me no results.

So I am missing something simple, or it doesn't like me.
    It requires the word to me more then three characters.
    AT Troll (2010)

The three-character search limitation might be why I couldn't get it to work. I tried searching for "the way" (in quotes) and <movie "the way"> and got nothing. I'm glad to hear the search hasn't changed, as I used to find it very useful. I'll keep trying.

Nean

I am not sure if this will help you. If you are at the last post in a thread or on a page, you do not have to scroll all the way to the top or to the bottom right corner. If you look just below the last thread on the page to the bottom right there is a button titled "++ New Posts ++". It is right under the "+ Reply to Thread" button. This will bring you to all the New Posts that have been posted since you last logged onto the web site. I am not sure if this will work for you in the mean time.
    Thats it!!! I'm so happy- thank you.

I may have just saved some more of what little sanity I have left. I don't type fast / send fast, many times stopping to get or do something and then I'm logged off. Many times I've written and lost it. It happens everytime I use WB. ...but I just discovered the restore tag and it kinda worked for me.

Nean

On my computer ++new posts++ is to the left under + reply to thread. On the right it has page numbers

I'd also like to see a "like" button, thanks or reputation feature. (not the negative kind, could get vicious around here )

Could we maybe get a section in the trail tabs for The Whites aka White Mountain National Forest. So many trails in the forest to discuss

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Could we maybe get a section in the trail tabs for The Whites aka White Mountain National Forest. So many trails in the forest to discuss
    Chaco Taco

I just added a forum titled White Mountains and Trail Systems. If you can come up with a better name let me know and I can change it.
    AT Troll (2010)

Images

Chaco Taco

I just added a forum titled White Mountains and Trail Systems. If you can come up with a better name let me know and I can change it.
    Maybe add NH in parentheses after White Moiuntains (NH), as there are "White Mountains" in CA/NV, AZ, and OR as well.

please Keep the cartoons on the home page,I like those.Thank you troll

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Maybe add NH in parentheses after White Moiuntains (NH), as there are "White Mountains" in CA/NV, AZ, and OR as well.
    Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    please Keep the cartoons on the home page,I like those.Thank you troll
    They are there still, just moved further down as news appears.
    AT Troll (2010)

Sweet thanks

Images

Google map the trail and let folks add pics or comments about fav spots, experiences etc. I don't know how to do this (technically) but think it would be neat.

Over time you would have a step by step description of the trail.

Images

Wondering if a separate area (maybe a sub-forum under Health, Safety, and Hygiene?) for Hiking with Medical Issues/Conditions would make sense or be of use? We WB'ers and the rest of the hiker population is graying. A lot of us hike with a array of medical issues. Maybe a place to share tips and even inspiration? Maybe recruit one of our resident Doc's as a mod? Just a thought.

I'd like to see a Weather Section, both long range and current for each 4 or 5 sections of the trail.
    Thanks

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BoiledPeanut View Post
    Google map the trail and let folks add pics or comments about fav spots, experiences etc. I don't know how to do this (technically) but think it would be neat.

Over time you would have a step by step description of the trail.
    This has been discussed but the biggest issue would be having spammers getting to it and posting.

Quote Originally Posted by BFI View Post
    I'd like to see a Weather Section, both long range and current for each 4 or 5 sections of the trail.
    Thanks
    We have a current listing for selected spots along the AT now. It is in the drop down menu under Odds & Ends www.whiteblaze.net/index_cmps.php?page=weather_report
    AT Troll (2010)

Just got an idea from another thread.

How about an application where you can type in a shelter name, or a trail town name, or a NOBO or SOBO milestone marker, and get all sorts of information on that location. This could include various topics you could switch on or off such as...

1) Geology
    2) Flora and Fauna
    3) Natural History
    4) Tourist Attractions
    5) Hiker Resources
    6) Recent History
    7) Related Posts on WB

Images

I like how there's a page for site leaders. On other sites I occasionally really want to know who the moderators are. Sometimes for help, but sometimes so I don't get banned by an over sensitive moderator like I was on advrider.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++