WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ice Age Trail December Hike

I'm planning on a three day hike of the IAT in mid-December and would like to park my car at the Ice Age Center located in the Kettle Moraine State Forest (Northern Unit). What is their policy regarding over-night parking? I have visited the IAT Center before, but can't remember their over-night policy, as I plan on only needing two nights (for a three day hike). Thanks my Wisconsin WB friends for any help (and as a Chicago guy with Illinois plates, please don't mistake my car for a white tail deer, as I believe its still hunting season!!!).
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Not sure but I would just call the Northern Unit Kettle Moraine State Forest Headquarters and talk it over with a ranger.262-626-2116

Duh....thanks TheCheek, I'll give them a call, sometimes the answer to ones question is just the simple one!
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

++ New Posts ++